Recent Articles in Finance Journals
This is a list of papers that were published since 2012 or are forthcoming in one of the top four academic finance journals (as used by the Arizona State University - Finance Rankings, which spans the 1990-2012 period):
- Policy Uncertainty and Corporate Investment; Review of Financial Studies (forthcoming); Mihai Ion, Huseyin Gulen.
- No-Arbitrage Restriction and Hedge Fund Performance Evaluation; Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis (forthcoming); Hiatao Li, Yuewu Xu, Xiaoyan Zhang.
- Government Ownership and the Cost of Debt: Evidence from Government Investments in Publicly Traded Firms; Journal of Financial Economics (forthcoming); Ginka Borisova, Veljko Fotak, Kateryna Holland , William Megginson
- Taxes and capital structure; Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis (2015); Mara Faccio, Jin Xu.
- Do acquisitions relieve target firms' financial constraints?; Journal of Finance (2015); Isil Erel, Yeejin Jang, Michael Weisbach.
- Prior Client Performance and the Choice of Investment Bank Advisors in Corporate Acquisitions; Review of Financial Studies (2014); John McConnell, Val Sibilkov.
- Sovereign default, domestic banks, and financial institutions; Journal of Finance (2014); Nicola Gennaioli, Alberto Marin, Stefano Rossi.
- Profitability and capital structure: Evidence from import penetration; Journal of Financial Economics (2012); Jin Xu.
- The role of the media in corporate governance: Do the media influence managers' capital allocation decisions?; Journal of Financial Economics (2013); Baixiao Liu, John McConnell.
- Strategic alliances, venture capital, and exit decisions in early stage high-tech firms; Journal of Financial Economics (2013); Umit Ozmel, David Robinson, Toby Stuart.
- Style investing, comovement, and return predictability; Journal of Financial Economics (2013); Deniz Yavuz, Sunil Wahal.
- Does idiosyncratic volatility proxy for risk exposure?; Review of Financial Studies (2012); Zhanhui Chen, Ralitsa Petkova.
- Wisdom of crowds: The value of stock opinions transmitted through social media; Review of Financial Studies (2014); Hailiang Chen, Prabuddha De, Yu Hu, Byoung-Hyoun Hwang.
- Contractual resolutions of financial distress; Review of Financial Studies (2012); Nicola Gennaioli, Stefano Rossi.
- Specialization, productivity, and financing constraints; Review of Financial Studies (2013); Robert Marquez, Deniz Yavuz.
- Investor networks in the stock market; Review of Financial Studies (2014); Han Ozsoylev, Johan Walden, Deniz Yavuz, Recep Bildik.
- Shackling short sellers: The 2008 shorting ban; Review of Financial Studies (2013); Ekkehart Boehmer; Charles Jones, Xiaoyan Zhang.
- Clean Sweep: Informed Trading through Intermarket Sweep Orders; Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis (2012); Sugato Chakravarty, Pankaj Jain, James Upson, Robert Wood.
- Aggregate idiosyncratic volatility; Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis (2012); Geert Bekaert, Robert Hodrick, Xiaoyan Zhang.
In addition to the above mentioned papers, the finance group has multiple papers in advanced stages at top finance, economics, and accounting journals.