GLOBAL BUSINESS PROJECT (GBP)
The Global Business Project (GBP) is a unique graduate-level course for MBAs and other graduate students. The course increases global business competency and language skills through guided hands-on business consulting experience. Krannert students work on international business projects in teams of students from 13 major universities. Each project includes an in-country two week residency with a requirement to develop at least a minimal level of foreign language proficiency. For more information or questions, contact email@example.com.
|GBP Program Overviews||Highlights (2 min) ; Overview (4 min)|
|Hub City Weekend:||2011 Brazil “Scavenger Hunt” (Portuguese)|
|Team Videos:||Kobe Portopia Hotel – Japan – 2011 GBP project (Japanese)
GE Brazil team (2011)
RBS Brazil 2012 (English version)
RBS Brazil (2012 – Portuguese version)
GBP 2013 – Citibank
|Krannert GBP Alum Feedback|
Global Business Project Student Online Application. (2014 applications open 10/1/13, applications due 10/20/13)
Information Session (Callout): Tuesday, September 17, 5:45-7:00pm, Rawls 3082
2013-2014 GBP Timeline and Application Procedure:
- 10/1 Online application will open: Click here for GBP online application
- Be sure to also notify firstname.lastname@example.org when you apply online AND provide three Krannert references (required) familiar with you and your work.
- 10/23 (Note: changed from 10/20) Purdue deadline for submitting online application to UNC.
- 10/26 (Saturday) Conduct individual student screening interviews with Greg Cutchin and Professor Fabrice Luminueau in Krannert 550. . This interview is required to complete your application. To set up an interview time on that date, contact Judy Aulby (email@example.com) for a fifteen minute appointment between 9:00am and 4:00pm.
- 11/1 Purdue submits final candidate nominations to GBP Matching Committee.
- 11/29 Students are notified of company matches based on skills, previous education, interests, and language skills.
- 12/3 (midnight) Signed acceptance letter and $500 deposit due from students (paid directly to UNC).
- 12/20 Deadline for balance of student fee ($1,000) to UNC.
- Register for MGMT 69100 CIBER Global Business Project (3 credits) in the 4th module along with your other classes. Students receive an “Incomplete” at the end of the module, which is converted to a letter grade after the project is completed.
- 2/7-9 Mandatory Launch Weekend in DC (lodging and meals provided).
- 2/10-3/11 Pre-Kick-off Phase
- 3/11 Pre-Kick-off deliverables due
- 3/14 Official Project Kick-off meetings (virtual)
- 3/14-5/15 Team members collaborate virtually on project.
- 5/16-5/18 In-country “Hub City” Weekend.
- 5/19-5/30 In-country project work and final company presentations.
- June - GBP Program submits final grades to Purdue.
- June - Faculty of Record, Professor Fabrice Lumineau, translates grade to Krannert system and posts to student record to replace the “I” assigned at the end of the 4th mod.
2013 GBP PARTICIPANTS FROM ALL UNIVERSITIES