GLOBAL BUSINESS PROJECT (GBP)
The Global Business Project (GBP) is a unique graduate-level course for MBAs and other graduate students. The course increases global business competency and language skills through guided hands-on business consulting experience. Krannert students work on international business projects in teams of students from 14 major universities. Each project includes an in-country two week residency with a requirement to develop at least a minimal level of foreign language proficiency. For more information or questions, contact email@example.com.
Global Business Project Online Application. (2013 applications open 9/30/12, applications due 10/15/12)
Information Sessions: Tuesday, September 11, 5:00-6:00pm, Rawls 4054; Wednesday, September 26, 5:00-6:00pm, Rawls 3082.
2013 GBP Timeline and Application Procedure:
- 9/30 Online application will open: Click here for GBP online application
- Be sure to also notify firstname.lastname@example.org when you apply online AND provide three Krannert references (required) familiar with you and your work.
- 10/15 Deadline for online application to UNC.
- 10/17 – 11/4 Conduct individual student screening interviews with Roger Stewart and Greg Cutchin. This interview is required to complete your application. To set up an interview, contact Judy Aulby (email@example.com) to select a date during that period and set a ½ hour appointment between 4:30-5:30.
- 11/5 Purdue submits final candidate nominations to GBP Matching Committee.
- 11/16 Students are notified of company matches based on skills, previous education, interests, and language skills.
- 11/21 Signed acceptance letter and $500 deposit due from students (paid directly to UNC).
- 12/15 Deadline for balance of student fee ($1,000) to UNC.
- Register for MGMT 69100 CIBER Global Business Project (3 credits) in the 4th module for along with your other classes. Students receive an “Incomplete” at the end of the module, which is converted to a letter grade after the project is completed.
- 2/1-3 Mandatory Kick-off Weekend in DC (lodging and meals provided).
- 2/3-5/4 Team members collaborate virtually on project.
- 5/17-5/19 In-country “Hub City” Weekend.
- 5/20-31 In-country project work and final company presentations.
- By 6/14 GBP Program submits final grades to Purdue.
- Roger Stewart translates grade to Krannert system and posts to student record to replace the “I” assigned at the end of the 4th mod.
2012 GBP PARTICIPANTS FROM ALL UNIVERSITIES