Case Competition Opportunities
The first Krannert Freshman Direct Admit Case Competition was held in November and was a great success. Congratulations to those who participated!
The First Place team was Group 15: Brian Carter, Samuel Phares, Joseph Tanner, Bryan Chua
Second Place was Group 7: Samantha Dauby, Maggie Robinson, Olivia Tucker
Third Place was Group 8: Joseph Beaty, Emma Noelke
Think of case competitions as "business triathalons," combining:
Your strategic business sense - your instincts
Business and analytical skills - what you learn in class
Communication skills - your ability to sell your ideas
Competitions are a chance to prove your business know-how and put your education to work. You might compete right here at Krannert or somewhere around the world. In addition to cash and prizes, you might win a job offer!
Get the benefits. Get involved.
*Updated as of 12/09/2014
Upcoming Case Competitions:
The Boeing Company’s Information Technology Case Competition
The Boeing Company is proud to announce the inaugural yearly intercollegiate case competition to find the next generation of IT leaders. The competition will showcase student talent, evaluate potential employee abilities, and connect your university with Boeing IT. The competition will consist of developing an application that can identify 3D objects scattered across a Light Detection and Ranging (LIDAR) scan of a topological area. See the attached registration form for complete contest details.
Top three teams will receive:
- $3,000/$1,000/$500 cash prize, respectively
- A trip to Boeing Puget Sound
- Airfare, meals, lodging and rental car included
- A tour of the Boeing Everett Factory
- And more!
- Teams shall consist of one to three members
- Must be enrolled during the Fall 2014 or Spring 2015 academic semester
- Teams may consist of graduate, undergraduate, and part-time students
- A student may only be a member of one team
- There may be more than one team per university
- Teams must have an academic advisor
- Multiple teams may have the same academic advisor
- Please refer to the attached registration form for complete rules & regulations
- Submit the attached registration form no later than January 12th, 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- After completing registration, Boeing will mail your team lead a flash drive containing sample LIDAR data and other files needed to begin work on the project.
Feel free to email Boeing with questions or concerns at email@example.com.