Clinical & Translational Science Institute
Introduction to Customer Discovery
Application Deadline: September 22, 2017
Phone interviews with instructor team: September 25 - 28
Accepted teams will be notified on or before September 29
OCTOBER 3 (12-1 PM)
KICKOFF SESSIONS (ONSITE)
MIDPOINT WEBINAR (MANDATORY)
WEEK OF OCTOBER 30
Who Should Participate?
Three roles comprise the teams for Introduction to Customer Discovery (ICD):
Technical Lead (TL)
Faculty or grad student researcher who has obtained or worked under the initial grant or other support that enabled the technology to advance.
Entrepreneurial Lead (EL)
A grad student or post-doc with relevant knowledge of the technology and a deep commitment to investigate the commercial landscape surrounding the innovation.
Industry Mentor (IM) – Optional, but strongly encouraged
An experienced entrepreneur with startup or other experience in transitioning technology out of the lab and into the marketplace.
Medical Devices and Manufacturing
Conference & Exposition
Application Deadline: October 6, 2017
Accepted teams will be notified on or before: Friday, October 13
|PRE-CONFERENCE WORKSHOP||NOVEMBER 7 (2:30-5:00 pm)|
|DINNER AND PANEL SESSION||NOVEMBER 7 (5:30-7:30 pm)|
|PITCH AND NETWORKING SESSION||NOVEMBER 8 (5:00-7:30 pm)|
NOVEMBER 9 (4:00-5:00 pm)
|LOCAL ECOSYSTEMS MEETINGS||NOVEMBER 10 (AS SCHEDULED)|
Who Should Participate?
Faculty, Post-Docs, Graduate Researchers who have completed a local, regional, or national I-Corps program within the past 24 months.
- Receive guidance on how to approach and talk to corporate partners and customers at a tradeshow event to get valuable information without giving away your secret sauce.
- Obtain feedback on how to effecttively deliver a team/company introduction in thirty seconds (or less).
- Network with medical device entrepreneurs, investors, and industrial leaders from across the Midwest and obtain expert advice on commercializing early stage technology.
Time Committment & Responsibilities
- Submit a 90 second video describing your innovation (a link to Flipgrid will be provided)
- Attendance at Conference and Expo
- Attendance at pre-conference workshop, dinner and panel session, pitch and networking session, and closing session
- Track and report number of contacts made
- Individual team meetings with Twin Cities ecosystem (Optional and Arranged by Medical Alley)
Purdue University and the University of Toledo.