Krannert Human Resources Professionals
Registration Guide - Purdue HR Case Competition
- All participants must be enrolled in a full-time graduate or undergraduate program.
- Students participating in the planning of the competition are not eligible to compete. A team of students from Purdue University will present as an exhibition team only. Participants in prior Purdue Human Capital Case Competitions, who were second year graduate students at the time, will not be eligible to compete in the Competition again.
- Each team must consist of students from the same university. The team may be a combination of first and second year graduate students, as well as undergraduates. Each participant may only participate on one team.
- A student alternate may be added as an additional team member. The additional team member may only participate under extenuating circumstances and with approval of the organizers. An alternate team member will not be allowed to switch out during the competition. All team members participating must check-in together at the designated time.
- Only one team per academic institution.
Preparation for the Competition
- To ensure impartiality of the judges, the name of the school each team represents will not be revealed before the final decision is made. Each team will be referenced by a fictional name of the team’s choice. The name must not relate in any way to the team’s university, location, or any other distinctive characteristics.
- All teams will apply and submit an application for the competition online. Teams will be informed on the selection decision by October 7th, 2013.
- Eight teams will be selected to present and compete in the final round of the case completion.
- All teams must work independently. Students may not confer with others outside the team to prepare the executive summary. Absolutely no assistance from advisor(s), faculty, volunteers, or others is allowed.
For more information on registration, please contact Christine Peacock