Admissions and Deadlines
- Application Round 1 (Early Round) is September 1 – November 15
- Application Round 2 (Priority Round) is November 16 – January 15
- Application Round 3 (Final International Round) is January 16 – March 1
- Application Round 4 (Final Domestic Round) is March 2 – June 14, or until classes are full.
To find out whether classes are full, please contact the Purdue MBA and MS Programs Admissions Office.
The Krannert Weekend MBA admissions office considers an applicant’s academic record, employment experience, and history (with general expectations of at least three years of experience), employer recommendations, and, for certain applicants, GMAT or TOEFL scores. Online application forms must be completed, and a personal interview may be required.
As a world class management school, Purdue seeks to recruit top applicants. The Krannert School of Management strives to enroll a student body with a variety of skills and backgrounds that will work together to foster personal and professional growth in a dynamic learning environment. Applicants may request a GMAT waiver if they meet the following criteria: 3+ years of work experience & B average undergrad GPA. Those wishing to request a waiver should indicate their desire on the 3rd optional essay within the application.
To succeed in its mission, the admissions committee undertakes a holistic admission review process, considering many different elements. Our review of your application begins with an emphasis on the following factors:
- Quality and quantity of work experience
- Record of prior academic and professional training
- Test scores
These factors help us determine your ability to take on the challenges of a master’s program. Just as important, we look at your ability to contribute to the program and Krannert’s ability to help you reach your personal and professional goals. For that reason, we also ask applicants for:
- Recommendations (2)
- Essays (listed below)
- Current Professional Resume
- Information about community involvement
- Interview feedback
Weekend MBA Essays (For Fall 2014 Class and Beyond)
Two essay questions must be completed within the online application. For ease of review, please include the essay question itself above the text of your question response.
You are required to complete and submit the Statement of Purpose, along with TWO required essay (there is an optional essay).
- Please describe your experience and/or philosophy as a leader, supervisor or team manager. What are some of the key challenges and successes you’ve had or expect to have? Limit your response to no more than 500 words.*
- Team/Cohort Approach (600 words maximum): What are your expectations of a peer and team-based learning environment in which you go through the program with the same group of students? As part of your answer, please mention what skills you bring to working within such an approach, with an emphasis on how you best learn and how you help others learn.*
Additional Contributions (300 words maximum): If you feel there are any parts of your application that require additional explanation or if there is any additional information you wish to share to help us fully understand your application, please share that information within this essay
Your Application Review
In order to fully facilitate the review of each candidate’s application, the admissions committee can render an admission decision only after receiving all required application materials, as within the online application and explained in more detail on the Application Requirements page. Subsequently, the Krannert School of Management and Purdue University require that all transcripts, documents, and supporting materials be fully authentic and therefore, we reserve the right to require verification.
When applying, follow the Admissions instructions to apply for “Weekend MBA applicants” (not Full-time MBA applicants).
For residents of Indiana, the Weekend MBA program fee is $49,740*
For non-residents of Indiana, the Weekend MBA program fee is $54,714*
*All fees are subject to increase based on approval by the Purdue University Trustees
Financial Aid and Scholarships
We understand the need for your education to be affordable. We also recognize your desire for a return on your educational investment. In fall 2014, Purdue's Krannert School of Management's MBA program was ranked #3 in the U.S. for highest one-year Return on Investment by Businessweek.
Weekend MBA scholarships are awarded to students to help lower cost of attending Purdue. Applicants are considered for scholarships during the admission review process. Therefore, students do not need to apply for these awards. The Krannert MBA and Master’s Programs Admissions Office will notify a candidate if they qualify.
Many of our Weekend MBA students receive tuition assistance through their companies or consider need based financial aid loan programs.
Need-based financial aid resources
Additional sources of funding