The combined B.S.in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) and MBA program is a partnership between Purdue's College of Engineering and the Krannert School of Management. The program allows highly competitive, qualified BSME students to complete their B.S. and MBA degrees in five years. Each year, a significant number of engineering graduates pursue an MBAdegree at U.S. business schools. The MBA is seen as a complement to the engineer's technical education, giving him/her an understanding of the business context within which many technical decisions are made. Many employers have a strong preference for hiring MBAs with engineering backgrounds, particularly in the manufacturing and technology sectors (in which Krannert and the College of Engineering enjoy many longstanding relationships with leading employers). The BSME\MBA combined degree will provide top BSME students an efficient and cost-effective path for developing management knowledge, as well as the highly valued credential of an MBA degree. It will also open new job opportunities for graduates which expedite their progression to high level management positions.
Requirements to apply to the BSME/MBA Combined Degree Program
- Entered Purdue with eight hours of AP credit in math (MA 165 & MA 166)
- Completion of 108 credit hours of coursework by the end of their junior year, including the required major courses identified in their plan of study
- Minimum 3.5 GPA
- Completion of at least one professional internship
- Demonstration of leadership potential through extra-curricular activities
- Discussion of the program with Jim Jones, Mechanical Engineering Associate Head/Associate Professor