Studying abroad can be very affordable, but like any educational opportunity, it requires planning. Study abroad programs vary in cost, depending on the type of program (Exchange, Co-Sponsored, or Direct Enroll), length of stay (year, semester, summer or spring break) and destination. In order to make study abroad affordable for interested students, Purdue offers many study abroad scholarship opportunities.
Purdue Study Abroad Scholarships:
- $3000 - Semester programs
- $2000 - Programs at least 6 weeks and 6 credits
- $1000 - Short-term programs less than 6 weeks or 6 credits
- See this website for more information: https://www.studyabroad.purdue.edu/programs/aid/details.cfm?ScholarID=137#Study%20Abroad%20financial
Taiwan Spring Break Scholarships:
- $300 - Krannert Taiwan Spring Break program only
- Krannert students only
- Students who apply for the $1000 Purdue scholarship are automatically eligible
- Students not eligible for the Purdue scholarship are still eligible for the Telamon scholarship and should contact Adrienne Albrecht at email@example.com for more information.
McDuffee Management Scholarship
- $500 - Krannert Taiwan Spring Break program only
- Krannert students only - BSIM and STOM majors preferred
- Students may apply for the scholarship after being accepted to the Taiwan program. Contact Adrienne Albrecht at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Requirements: 3.0 or higher GPA, leadership experience, essay questions and personal recommendation
- Maximum of four scholarships to be awarded for the 2015 Spring Break program.
- Students participating in study abroad programs may be eligible for federal financial aid. Even those students who are not currently receiving aid may be eligible for financial assistance for the period they study abroad.
- Contact a Financial Aid Administrator for more information: http://www.purdue.edu/dfa/other/abroad.php.