Purdue Spring Break Program: Taiwan
At a glance:
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Program Dates: March 8 – 16, 2013
Host: National Chengchi University and the Krannert School of Management
Eligibility: The program is open to all Krannert undergraduate students with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5/4.0.
Course Credits: Students will earn 1 credit.
Cost: The charges for this program are $1750. The program costs are highly subsidized through financial support from several sponsors and the hosting institutions. Cost includes roundtrip airfare, transportation, tuition/fees, excursions, most meals, and a room for 7 nights (double rooms).
Application Deadline: The deadline to apply for this program is November 15, 2012
Contact: Adrienne Albrecht, email@example.com
- 6 half-day lectures on Asian economic developments, financial markets in Taiwan, Taiwan and Mainland China relations, venture capital, information technology, language and culture
- One-day visit to Hsinchu Science Park, one of the world's most significant areas for semiconductor manufacturing, housing Acer, Taiwan Semiconductor, Logiteck, Foxconn, BenQ, etc.
- One-half day visit to Nankang Software Park, housing many start-up and established companies
- Interactions with local businesses and students
- Visit to night markets and business districts
Krannert School of Management