When Donald Trump defeated Hillary Clinton in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, many voters and political pundits were surprised by the outcome. But the campaign strategies used by the opposing candidates were entirely predictable, says Karthik Kannan, a professor at the Purdue University Krannert School of Management and an expert in big data who studies systems that exploit instincts and biases to nudge human behavior.
Women's career equality and leadership in organizations
Research on women's career equality and leadership is growing in importance. Despite the increased attention being paid to gender equality for decades, progression has slowed or stalled around the globe, in many countries, such as United States.
A work patch for better nursing home care
Placing a loved one in a nursing home can be a traumatic experience for the entire family with concerns about the care and attention they will receive. Imagine if those concerns were eased, simply by some changes in the way the schedules are done for the staff at that facility.
Factories Tire of Wage Wars; Give Fridays Off, Spiff Up Bathrooms
Five years ago, entry-level candidates could expect to earn nine bucks an hour at a Haworth Inc. office-furniture factory. The economy was humming, but job growth was choppy, and wage gains anemic. Read on as Krannert professor Ellen Kossek gives her two cents about work-life balance.
- Oct 14Boilerkey Authentication - Register by Oct 28Purdue Boilerkey Two-factor Authentication - Register by October 28 and you could win one of three $100 Amazon gift cards.
- Oct 14Higher Learning Commission (HLC) Accreditation Visit 10/14Higher Learning Commission (HLC) accreditation drop-in sessions open to all. Click [Read More] for details.
- Oct 16Economics Seminar with Emily Nix 10/16/19Please join us and Professor Emily Nix presenting, "What Causes the Child Penalty and How Can It be reduce? Evidence from Same-Sex couples and Policy Reforms" on Wednesday, October 16 in RAWL 2058 at 11:45-1:00 pm.
- Oct 17PURCE Policy LunchPURCE Economic Policy Lunch
- Oct 17Krannert Professional Development Center Fall 2019 Workshop SeriesKrannert Professional Development Center Fall 2019 Workshop Series
- Oct 18KDSA Research SymposiumKDSA Research Symposium
- Oct 18Marketing Seminar with Professor T. Tony Ke on Friday, October 18, 2019Please join us for Professor T. Tony Ke's seminar, "Peer-to-Peer Markets with Bilateral Ratings" on Friday, October 18, 2019 in RAWL 2058 at 9:00-10:30am.
- Oct 18Supply Chain & Operations Management Seminar with Dr. Sergei Savin 10/18/19Please join us and Dr. Sergei Savin presenting "Investing in Performance: Information and Merit-Based Incentives in K-12 Education" Friday, October 18 in RAWL 3058 at 9:30 am - 11:00 am.