Krannert Hosts Management Solutions Challenge for Purdue Undergraduates
On November 9th, the Krannert School of Management welcomed 52 undergraduate students from the College of Liberal Arts, Polytechnic, Agriculture, Health and Human Services, and Exploratory Studies to the second annual Management Solutions Challenge.
Match Day: A new approach to couples in MD residencies
Every year, about 20,000 seniors at U.S. medical schools eagerly await the third Friday of March. It's known as Match Day, the day when these soon-to-be doctors learn which hospitals they've been matched with for their residency training. "The algorithm is still very heuristic," says Thanh Nguyen, assistant professor of management in Purdue's Krannert School of Management. "Theoretically, we don’t really understand why it works so well."
Fouling Up: Can higher penalties encourage good companies to manipulate their financial reports?
Penalties can deter bad firms from financial manipulation, but higher penalties may actually encourage good firms to manipulate their reports more, according to a new study by Lin Nan, associate professor of accounting at Purdue’s Krannert School of Management, and Xiaoyan Wen, assistant professor of accounting at TCU’s Neeley School of Business.
When Donald Trump defeated Hillary Clinton in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, many voters and political pundits were surprised by the outcome. But the campaign strategies used by the opposing candidates were entirely predictable, says Karthik Kannan, a professor at the Purdue University Krannert School of Management and an expert in big data who studies systems that exploit instincts and biases to nudge human behavior.
- Nov 19CALL OUT! Krannert Study Abroad 2020Come learn more about summer/Maymester Krannert study abroad programs for 2020!
- Nov 22Krannert Executive Forum Community Breakfast with Neil Hoyne, GoogleKrannert Executive Forum Community Breakfast with Neil Hoyne and a business overview by Scott Brand, Senior Vice President - Quality & Administration at Subaru of Indiana Automotive
- Nov 22Krannert Executive Forum - Neil Hoyne, GoogleThe Krannert Executive Forum is a management class (MGMT 40100) that features top-level executives and community leaders sharing their experiences with students and is free and open to the public as seating permits.
- Dec 5PURCE Policy LunchPURCE Economic Policy Lunch
- Dec 6Management Fall Seminar Series 2019The Innovation Research and Teaching Committee will be hosting seminar speaker, Serguei Netessine.
- Dec 13Debbi Bearden Retirement ReceptionKrannert School of Management celebrates retirement
- Dec 17Chaired Faculty Seminar Series: A CelebrationPlease join Professor Ananth Iyer presenting, "From Practice to Theory: Two Examples of Supply Chain Research" on Tuesday, December 17 at 3:00 p.m. in RAWL 3082 as part of the Chaired Faculty Seminar Series. A reception will follow in RAWL 3 floor commons.
- Jan 17Save the date: Winter AwardsKrannert Winter Awards will be held on January 17th, 2020 at Ross Ade Stadium at 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm. Look for more details soon in Krannert Today.