How can we make sure that algorithms are fair?
Machine and human intelligences bring different strengths to the table. Researchers like me are working to understand how algorithms can complement human skills while at the same time minimizing the liabilities of relying on machine intelligence. As a machine learning expert, Karthik Kannan predicts there will soon be a new balance between human and machine intelligence, a shift that humanity hasn’t encountered before.
Leaders with Economics Know-How Drive Faster GDP Growth
National economies may perform better after politicians who have studied economics take power, according to new research.
Krannert’s MSHRM Program hosts 9th Annual HR Case Competition and Conference
On Thursday, November 14, the Krannert School of Management’s MSHRM program hosted its 9th annual HR Case Competition. Forty seven students from ten universities participated in two divisions. The Undergraduate division included: BYU, IUPUI, Marian University, Purdue University, and Universidad Panamericana. The Graduate division included: Purdue University, Texas A&M, University of Minnesota, University of South Carolina, and Villanova University.
Krannert Hosts Management Solutions Challenge for Purdue Undergraduates
On November 9th, the Krannert School of Management welcomed 52 undergraduate students from the College of Liberal Arts, Polytechnic, Agriculture, Health and Human Services, and Exploratory Studies to the second annual Management Solutions Challenge.
- Jan 25Registration is Open for the January 2020 Wall Street Financial & Valuation Modeling SeminarAttention to all students pursuing investment banking, private equity, portfolio management, business and corporate development, capital markets, equity & credit research, and industry corporate finance careers: The Communication Center in partnership with the Purdue Finance Workshop will be hosting Wall Street Prep's Financial & Valuation Modeling seminar at Purdue University on the weekend of January 25-26, 2019. Register soon as spaced is limited!
- Jan 29Deloitte Consulting Purdue Undergraduate Case CompetitionAre you interested in learning more about Consulting careers? Do you enjoy working in an interactive team to approach multidisciplinary business challenges? If so, gain real-life exposure, hands-on experience, and the chance to win prizes by putting together a team to participate in the Deloitte Consulting Purdue Undergraduate Case Competition! The competition will take place the week of January 27th 2020. For more information, please contact your school recruiter. To apply, please enter the following information. As you are preparing for the coming semester, please remind interested students to apply to the Deloitte Consulting Case Competition by Thursday, January 16th (details below).
- Jan 30SMEF Career FairThe Krannert/SMEF Business Career Fair is open to all students interested in business-related career opportunities. SMEF attracts approximately 100 companies seeking students for full-time, internships and co-ops. The fair is Thursday, January 30 from 10:00am-3:00pm. Due to PMU construction, the fair is in the Co-Rec. In addition, companies will be helping with Resume Critiques (Wed) and Company Presentations (Wed & Thurs). For more details visit https://krannertsmef.com/ and login to your myCCO account for a list of companies.
- Jan 31Joe Schroeder - Indiana UniversityThe accounting department presents Joe Schroeder from Indiana University as part of the BKD Research Workshop Series.
- Jan 31OBHR Distinguished Speaker, Dave MayerOBHR Distinguished Scholar Speaker Series - An annual seminar series to bring in accomplished researchers to lead discussions and present cutting edge research.
- Jan 31MIS Guest Speaker Tianshu SunMIS Guest Speaker Tianshu Sun "The Value of Personal Data in Internet Commerce: a High-stake Field Experiment on Data Regulation Policy"
- Jan 31Krannert Executive Forum - David Randich, MasterBrand CabinetsThe Krannert Executive Forum is a management class (MGMT 40100) that features top-level executives and community leaders sharing their experiences with students and is free and open to the public as seating permits.
- Feb 6Consulting Skills Consortium and Live Case Competition: Accenture, Bain & Company, and McKinsey & CoConsulting Skills Consortium and Live Case Competition Thursday: Panel Friday: Interactive Workshops and Live Case Challenge