The scandal involving Facebook and Cambridge Analytica is the most recent in a troubling trend of information security mishaps in which data belonging to millions of users is hacked, leaked or leveraged irresponsibly.
Diving for Solutions
Cisco got a new view of some of the company’s recurring revenue streams and ideas for optimizing its return thanks to teams of Purdue students who competed in analyzing a large data set from the company.
In the wake of the #MeToo social media movement, which exposed the prevalence of sexual assault and gender discrimination in the workplace, a recent conference at Purdue University’s Krannert School of Management served as a call to action among companies in the United States, says Ellen Ernst Kossek, Basil S. Turner Professor of Management and research director of the Susan Bulkeley Butler Center for Leadership Excellence. Kossek is a leading researcher on work-life balance and achieving gender equality and inclusion in the workplace. She was the organizer of a three-day conference at Purdue called “Breaking Bias: Leadership Excellence and Gender in Organizations Conference,” the theme of which was “Bridging the Research to Practice Gap.”
When Dave Ricks (BSIM ’90) took the helm of Eli Lilly and Co. as chairman and CEO in 2017, he became the third Krannert alumnus to lead a Fortune 150 company, joining Sam Allen (BSIM ’75), chairman and CEO at Deere & Co, and Greg Hayes, president and CEO of United Technologies Corp.
- Oct 20Trick-or-CanThe Purdue Krannert School of Management Ambassadors are collecting non-perishable food items to donate to Lafayette Urban Ministry food Pantry. There will be boxes outside KRAN 346 and 350 now through October 31st for those who would like to donate.
- Oct 23TVS India Callout (open to UG & Masters students KRAN & IE)Krannert Study Abroad program to India --Callout! open to all UG ( with minimum achievement of junior grade level ) & Masters level students IE & Krannert
- Oct 24Peru Spring Break Study Abroad Callout Krannert (Open to all Krannert masters students)Peru spring break study abroad callout open to all Krannert Masters students
- Oct 26Krannert Executive Forum - Abid AnsariThe Krannert Executive Forum is a management class (MGMT 40100) that features top-level executives and community leaders sharing their experiences with students and is free and open to the public as seating permits.
- Nov 1Krannert Global ToastCelebrate our school's namesake and join us for the Krannert Global Toast on November 1st. Join us to celebrate our school's history and continue to get to know your business school class.
- Nov 2Kevin Lewis, SVP Strategic Partnerships & Business Development at AvantMGMT 591: Launching Global Leaders "Leading in the Digital Age"
- Nov 2Krannert Executive Forum - Courtney Gordinier, Salvatore FerragamoThe Krannert Executive Forum is a management class (MGMT 40100) that features top-level executives and community leaders sharing their experiences with students and is free and open to the public as seating permits.
- Nov 5Old Masters Reception with Krannert AlumsStudents, faculty and staff are invited to a reception with Old Masters Krannert alums.