MIDAS (Managing Inventory and Data Across the Supply Chain) Project
MTM students participating in the Midas Project spent part of their internship at the U.S. Coast Guard Central Repair facility in Elizabeth City, North Carolina. They worked with Coast Guard personnel and Purdue faculty.
Through statistical analysis, data modeling, and code developed to automate the analysis of part demands at the repair facility, the students were able to suggest alternate models of system monitoring and supplier coordination. The project was a success, based on feedback from the Coast Guard, pedagogical value to student interns, and intellectual capital for the faculty. Purdue’s Division of Sponsored programs administered the finances for the $150,000 project.
- American Axle & Manufacturing: Recruiting Benchmarking Study
- Honeywell Aircraft Landing Systems: Manufacturing Methodology for Proposed Low-Cost Aircraft Braking System
- Honeywell Aircraft Landing Systems: Cost per landing/landings per overhaul (LPO) Analysis
- Honeywell Aircraft Landing Systems: Survey of Inventory Management Techniques and Systems
- Ingersoll-Rand Security and Safety: Total Cost of Ownership
- Ingersoll-Rand Security and Safety: New Products Development Sourcing Structure and Process
- Kimberly-Clark: Strategic Distribution Center Staffing Levels