October 4, 2013.
“My Career in Operations & Supply Chain”
Thank you to all the participants, speakers, panelists , sponsors and partners for making the conference a success. Students got to hear from the experienced panelists about their career progression and seeked advise on career planning
Discussions were held related to the topics mentioned below
- What are some of the most important decisions you made for your organization? What led you to make those decisions?
- What is one mistake you witness leaders making more frequently than others?
- What’s one recommendation you would have given to yourself years back when you first entered the industry?
- When something unfair happens, what do you do to handle it? How do you manage your attitude? How has that thought-process improved over time?
- What’s your biggest challenge in this leadership role?
- What’s your way of learning the most from others?
- What are a few resources you would recommend to someone looking to gain insight into becoming a better leader?
- What is your style of management?
- How did you overcome the fear of facing challenges or things which you have never done before?
- What’s a story that inspired you?
- When faced with two equally-qualified candidates, how do you determine whom to hire?
- What was your ambition as a student?
- What are you doing to ensure you continue to grow and develop as a leader?
- How do you negotiate your salary or a position you really want?
- What do you do to energize and motivate yourself?
- How do you stay committed?
- How do you keep yourself interested in what you are doing?
- How do you connect with people around you?
- What advice would you give someone going into a leadership position for the first time?
- How do you balance pursuing opportunities and maintaining focus?
- They say "it’s lonely at the top." What does friendship look like when you are a leader?
- Has the weight of responsibility in your leadership ever had any negative effects on other areas of your life?