For over 10 years the Global Supply Chain Management Initiative (GSCMI) Center has been the focal point within the Krannert School of Management for promoting education, research and industrial engagement with those interested in supply chain management.
The Center accomplishes this through conferences, student competitions, and company projects that create venues for collaboration between firms, students and faculty around the state and across the globe. These opportunities place our students on the leading edge of emerging ideas and technologies and provide differentiating advantages in the manufacturing business.
Ananth Iyer (2015 - Present)
George Shanthikumar (2011 - 2015)
Ananth Iyer (2005 - 2011)
Many of today's most successful firms attribute their success to a strategically managed global supply chain. The complexities of coordinating and collaborating within a global network of designers, manufacturers, distributors and retailers grow as businesses seek to attain a competitive advantage through carefully formulated strategies for managing flows in physical, informational and financial channels.
Supply Chain Management is the process of ensuring that products are produced and delivered quickly and efficiently:
- Drives coordination of processes and activities among marketing, sales, product design, manufacturing, finance and information technology.
- Encompasses the planning and management of all activities involved in sourcing and procurement, conversion and all logistical activities.
- Includes coordination and collaboration with channel partners, which can be suppliers, intermediaries, third-party service providers, and customers.
- Integrates supply and demand management within and across companies.
- Responsible for linking major business functions and business processes within and across companies into a cohesive and high-performing business model.
The Global Supply Chain Management Initiative gives current and future managers the opportunity to be on the forefront of emerging ideas and technologies that promise to provide a differentiating advantage to businesses in the future.
This initiative offers a broad-based approach to develop your business skills through a variety of programs.