We develop achievers.
With student success at our core, we create the culture of achievement for our students that prepares them for the best internships, jobs with leading organizations and spots in the most prestigious graduate programs.
The Krannert Leaders Academy will attract high performing students who are motivated to have an impact on the world and lead the Krannert School of Management forward through their example of professionalism and accomplishment. Students will acquire a deep understanding of the world we live in and have a curiosity and passion for making it better.
The Krannert Leaders Academy offers high achieving business students a community of like-minded peers and professionals dedicated to fostering their natural aptitudes and encouraging their success. Krannert provides cutting-edge business and economics education. KLA students create their personal competitive advantage through scholarly and creative endeavors, life transforming experiences, dedicated and accomplished mentors, and signature leadership-development opportunities. Academy graduates are prepared and motivated to have an immediate impact on our world.
LEARN: Develop knowledge though scholarly and creative endeavors
- Access to upper-division courses in first semester
- Access to Academy and/or Honors courses
- Scholarly Project involvement (Research, EPICS project, Krannert Generator, Purdue THINK, other)
- Experiential Learning (Learning Community involvement, Study Abroad, Case Competitions)
- Internship opportunities
- City Treks
- Networking with alumni
LIVE: Develop personal brand and set life direction
Personal Coaching and Mentoring
- Priority advising & personalized coaching
- Personalized coaching with your KLA advisor
- Personalized career team with coaching from alumni, career professionals, faculty and staff
- Digital profile development
- Personal & professional development workshops
- Service learning experiences
- Human library experience
LEAD: Develop and demonstrate personal and professional leadership skills
Signature Leadership Opportunities
- Leadership positions in student clubs and organizations
- Invitations to Signature Leadership events (Presidential Speaker Series, Leadership Speaker Series, Doster Leadership Conference, Krannert Town Hall)
- Leadership seminars and workshops
Personal and Professional Development
- Development of leadership competencies from Krannert’s Launching Business Leaders model
- Leadership assessments
- Participation in a company leadership program
Leadership certification – transcripted voluntary participation