Associate Professor of Management
Organizational Behavior/Human Resources
Ph.D., Organizational Behavior and HRM, Ohio State
M.B.A., Management, Kent State University, 1993
B.B.A., University of Notre Dame, 1989
- Bruning, P. F., Alge, B. J., & Lin, H. (2018). The embedding forces of network commitment: An examination of the psychological processes linking advice centrality and susceptibility to social influence. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, vol. 148 (September), 54-69. | Download |
- Hansen, S., Dunford, B., Alge, B., Jackson, C (2015). Corporate Social Responsibility, Ethical Leadership, and Trust Propensity: A Multi-Experience Model of Perceived Ethical Climate. Journal of Business Ethics, | Download |
- Hansen, S. D., Alge, B. J., Brown, M. E., Jackson, C. L., Dunford, B. B. (2013). Ethical leadership: Assessing the value of a multifoci social exchange perspective. Journal of Business Ethics, vol. 115 | Download |
- Lehman, D., Hahn, J. P., Ramanujam, R., & Alge, B. J. (2011). Performance periods and the dynamics of the performance-risk relationship. Organization Science, vol. 22 1613-1630. | Download |
- Alge, B., Ballinger, G., Tangirala, S., & Oakley, J. (2006). Information Privacy in Organizations: Empowering Creative and Extra-role Performance. Journal of Applied Psychology, vol. 91 221-232. | Download |
- Tangirala, S., & Alge, B. (2006). Reactions to Unfair Events In Computer-Mediated Groups: A Test of Uncertainty Management Theory. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, | Download |
- Alge, B., Ballinger, G., & Green, S. (2004). Remote Control: Predictors of Electronic Monitoring Intensity and Secrecy. Personnel Psychology, vol. 57 (2), 377-410. | Download |
- Alge, B., Wiethoff, C., & Klein, H. (2003). When Does the Medium Matter? Knowledge-Building Experiences and Opportunities in Decision Teams. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Academic Press. vol. 91 (1), 26-37. | Download |
- Alge, B., Gresham, M., Heneman, R., Fox, J., & McMasters, R. (2002). Measuring Customer Service Orientation Using a Measure of Interpersonal Skills. Journal of Business and Psychology, vol. 16 (3), 467-476.
- Alge, B. (2001). Effects of Computer Surveillance on Perceptions of Privacy and Procedural Justice. Journal of Applied Psychology, vol. 86 (4), 797-804. | Download |
- Klein, H., Wesson, M., Hollenebeck, J., & Alge, B. (1999). Goal Commitment and the Goal Setting Process: Conceptual Clarification and Empirical Synthesis. Journal of Applied Psychology, vol. 84 885-896.
- Alge, B. (1997). Review of D. Ulrich's, Human Resource Champions. Human Resource Development Quarterly, vol. 84 186-190.
- Alge, B. J., & Anthony, E. L. (2010). The effects of interpersonal justice when big brother is watching. Academy of Management, Best Paper Proceedings.
- Alge, B. J., Ballinger, G. A., Green, S. G., & Till, G. (2002). The Effects of Dependence and Trust on The Decision to Electronically Monitor Subordinates. Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings. | Download |
- Multiple contributors (2012). A researcher guidebook: A guide for successful institutional-industrial collaborations. Georgia Tech Research Corporation, Atlanta, GA. | Download |
- Alge, B. J., & Hansen, S. D. (2014). Workplace monitoring and surveillance research since '1984': A review and agenda.. In M. D. Coovert and L. F. Thompson (Eds.), Frontiers of industrial/organizational psychology: The psychology of workplace technology. New York, NY: Routledge/Psychology Press.,
- Alge, B. J., Anthony, E. L., Rees, J., & Kannan, K. (2010). Controlling A, while hoping for B: Deviance deterrence and public versus private deviance.. Information Age Publishing,
- Alge, B. J., & Upright, K. B. (2009). HRIS needs analysis.. Sage Publications, 79-98.
- Alge, B. J., & Hansen, S. D. (2008). Information privacy in organizations.. Sage Publications,
- Alge, B. J. , Greenberg, J., & Brinsfield, C. (2006). An Identity-based Model of Organizational Monitoring: Integrating Information Privacy and Organizational Justice. Research in Personnel and Human Resource Management, vol. 25 71-135. | Download |
- Greenberg, J., & Alge, B. (1998). Aggressive Reactions to Workplace Injustice. JAI Press, Stamford, CT. vol. 1 83-17. | Related Website | Download |
Group Think: Trump social media summit shows power of social networks
President Donald Trump’s recent social media summit at the White House featured a who’s-who of conservative influencers. The meeting came as many Americans begin to sound alarms about the subversive potential of social media to censor or sway voters during the 2020 general election. Brad Alge, an associate professor in the Purdue University Krannert School of Management, examines how organizations can leverage this power to influence and institute change among groups of people.
How are people influenced by their informal ties
Research by Brad Alge and collegues
Office: RAWL 4017
Area(s) of Expertise
Organizational Control, Virtual Work/Technology,Leadership, Employee Privacy, Employee Relations, Executive Training and Development, Human Resources, Supervision, Team Building, Teams, Telecommuting, Virtual Teams, Electronic Performance Monitoring, Business Ethics, Motivation, Workplace Privacy, Employer Rights, Employee Rights, Organizational Culture/Climate, Fairness