Assistant Professor of Management
Supply Chain and Operations Management
Ph.D. IEOR, University of California, Berkeley (2012)
M.Eng. Supply Chain Management and Logistics, MIT-ZLC (2007)
M.S. Economics, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics (2006)
Llicenciatura de Matematiques, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya (2005)
- Atal, N. Berenguer, G. & Borwankar, S. (2019). Gender diversity issues in the IT industry: How can your sourcing group help?. Business Horizons, vol. 62 (5), 595-602. | Related Website |
- Berenguer, G., and Shen, Z.J.M. (2019). Challenges and Strategies in Managing Nonprofit Operations: an Operations Management Perspective, forthcoming. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, | Related Website |
- Zhang, Z., Berenguer, G., and Pan, X (2019). Location, inventory and testing decisions in closed-loop supply chains: a multimedia company. IISE Transactions, vol. 51 (1), 41-56. | Related Website |
- Berenguer, G., Feng, Q., Shanthikumar, J.G., Xu, L. (2017). The Effects of Subsidies on Increasing Consumption through For-Profit and Not-for-Profit Newsvendors. Production and Operations Management, [Skinner Best Paper Award POM Journal 2017]. vol. 26 (6), 1191-1206. | Related Website |
- Berenguer, G., Iyer, A., and Yadav, P. (2016). Disentangling the efficiency drivers in country-level global health programs: an empirical study. Journal of Operations Management, vol. 45 30-43. | Related Website |
- Zhang, Z., Berenguer, G. and Shen Z.J.M. (2015). A Capacitated Facility Location Model with Bidirectional Flows. Transportation Science, vol. 49 (1), 114-129. | Related Website |
- Atamturk, A., Berenguer, G. and Shen Z.J.M. (2012). A Conic Integer Programming Approach to Location-Inventory Problems. Operations Research, vol. 60 (2), 366-381. | Related Website |
- Berenguer, G. (2015). Modeling approaches and metrics to evaluate nonprofit operations. book: "Advances in Managing Humanitarian Operations", (edited by Altay, Nezih, Haselkorn, Mark P., Zobel, Christopher W., Springer),
- Berenguer, G., Richter, A. and Shen Z.J.M. (2014). Transportation-Location Problem for a Solar Stove Distributing Nonprofit Organization. book: "Case studies in Operations Research: Applications of Optimal Decision Making", (edited by Katta Murty, Springer),
- Berenguer, G. Nonprofit Operations, POMS Chronicle, 2014, 12(1) p. 12-10. | Related Website |
- Iyer, A., Berenguer G., Yadav P. and Glassman A. Benchmarking Supply Chains for Better Performance, 2015, Center for Global Development, Policy Paper 057. | Related Website |
- Berenguer, G., Keskinocak, P., Shanthikumar, J.G., Swaminathan, J., and Van Wassenhove, L.N. A Prologue to the Special Issue on Not-for-Profit Operations Management, Production and Operations Management, 2017, 26(6) p.973-975. | Related Website |
- Berenguer, G., Cao, Y., Pais, C., and Peleato B.M. The alternating direction method of multipliers for the capacitated facility location problem, in preparation.
- Park, C.H. and Berenguer, G. Supply constrained location-distribution in not-for-profit settings, minor revision at Production and Operations Management.
- Berenguer G., Zhang, Z., & Zhang, Y. Design of a subsidized reverse supply chain in the Chinese electronics industry, in preparation.
- Bourquard, B., Berenguer, G., Gray, A., and Preckel P. Raw material variability in food manufacturing: a data-driven snack food industry case, under review.
- Berenguer, G. and Lei, L. Managing volunteers and paid workers in a nonprofit operation, reject and resubmit at Management Science.
Good Business: Challenges and strategies for nonprofit operations management
The operations management community is increasingly attentive to the analysis of nonprofit operations. Why is it particularly interesting to scholars? What theoretical and empirical models can be developed in this novel stream of research? In this video, Gemma Berenguer, an assistant professor at the Purdue University Krannert School of Management, previews a forthcoming article in Manufacturing & Service Operations Management titled "Challenges and Strategies in Managing Nonprofit Operations: An Operations Management Perspective."
Global Health Supply Chains
Professors Iyer and Berenguer on Global Health Supply Chains
Office: KRAN 547
Area(s) of Expertise
supply chain management, sustainable and socially responsible operations, nonprofit operations management, supply chain network design