Professor of Management
Thomas J. Howatt Chair in Management
Management Information Systems
Ph.D., Information Systems, Carnegie Mellon University
M.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University
M.Phil., Public Policy and Management, Carnegie Mellon University
B.E., Electrical and Electronics Engineering, REC
- Kannan, K., Rahman, M., and Tawarmalani, M (2016). Implications of Restricted Patch Distribution. Management Science,
- Hashim, M., Kannan, K., and Maximiano, S (2016). Information Feedback, Targeting, and Coordination: An Experimental Study. Information Systems Research,
- Overby, E., and Kannan, K (2015). Reduced Search Costs Bidder Distribution Auctions. Management Science, vol. 61 (6), 1398-1420.
- Sha, Z., Kannan, K., and Panchal, J (2015). Behavioral Experimentation and Game Theory in Engineering Systems Design. Journal of Mechanical Design, vol. 137 (5),
- Hashim, M., Kannan, K., Maximiano, S., and Rees, J (2014). Digital Piracy, Teens, and the Source of Advice: An Experimental Study. Journal of Management Information Systems, vol. 31 (2), 211-244.
- Wang, T., Kannan, K., and Rees, J (2013). The Textual Contents of Media Reports of Information Security Breaches and Profitable Short-Term Investment Opportunities. Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce, vol. 23 (3), 200-223.
- Wang, T., Kannan, K., and Rees, J (2013). The Association between the Disclosure and the Realization of Information Security Risk Factors. Information Systems Research, vol. 24 (2), 201-218.
- Kim, A., Balachander, S., and Kannan, K (2012). Optimal Number of Slots in Search Auctions. Marketing Letters, vol. 23 (3), 851-868.
- Kannan (2012). Effects of Revelation Policies under Cost Uncertainty. Information Systems Research, vol. 23 (1), 75-92.
- Cason, T., Kannan, K., and Siebert, R (2011). An Experimental Study of Information Revelation Policies in Sequential Auctions. Management Science, vol. 57 (4), 667-688.
- Kannan (2010). Declining Prices in Sequential Auctions with Complete Revelation of Bids. Economic Letters, vol. 108 (1),
- Kannan (2010). Effects of Revelation Policies under Cost Uncertainty. Information Systems Research,
- Balachandar, Kannan, & Schwartz (2010). A Theoretical and Empirical Analyses of Alternate Auction Policies for Search Advertisements. Review of Marketing Science, vol. 7 (1),
- Greenwald, A., Kannan, K., and Krishnan, R. (2009). On Evaluating Information Revelation Policies in E-marketplaces: A Markov Decision Process Approach. Information Systems Research, vol. 20 (4),
- Tawarmalani, M., Kannan, K., and De, P. (2009). Allocating Objects in a Network of Caches: Centralized and Decentralized Analyses. Management Science, vol. 55 (1),
- Arora, A., Greenwald, A., Kannan, K. and Krishnan, R. (2007). Effects of Information Revelation Policies under Market Structure Uncertainty. Management Science, vol. 53 (8),
- Kannan, K., Rees, J., and Sridhar, S. (2007). Market Reactions to Information Security Breach Announcements: An Empirical Analysis. International Journal of Electronic Commerce, vol. forthcoming
- Kannan, K., & Telang, R. (2005). Market for Vulnerabilities? Think Again. Management Science, vol. 51 (5), 726-740.
The obvious strategy for a clothing retailer is to have as much product on the sales floor as possible to yield high sales. For women, however, that turns out to be a counterproductive strategy, says Purdue researcher Karthik Kannan, a professor of management information systems.