Duke Realty Chair in Finance
Professor of Management
Ph.D. , Finance, Universita' Cattolica, 1999
MPhil; CUBS, London, 1997
Master; Universita' di Pavia, 1995
Bachelor in Economics; Universita' di Pavia, 1994
- Faccio, M., and Xu, J. (2018). Taxes, capital structure choices, and equity value. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, vol. 53(3), 967.
- Faccio, M. & Hsu, H.C. (2017). Politically connected private equity and employment. Journal of Finance, vol. 72 (2), 539-573.
- Aggarwal, R., Faccio, M., Guedhami, O., & Kwok, C.Y. (2016). Culture and Finance: An Introduction. Journal of Corporate Finance, vol. 41 466-474.
- Faccio, M. (2016). “Discussion of ‘Corporate Political Connections and Tax Aggressiveness’ ”. Contemporary Accounting Research, vol. 33(1) 115-120.
- Faccio, M., M.T. Marchica and R. Mura (2016). CEO gender, corporate risk-taking, and the efficiency of capital allocation. Journal of Corporate Finance, vol. 39 193-209.
- Faccio, M. & Xu. J. (2015). Taxes and capital structure. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, vol. 50 (3), 277-300.
- Caprio, L., Faccio, M., & McConnell, J.J. (2013). Sheltering corporate assets from political extraction. The Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, (29), 332-354.
- Chaney, P.K., Faccio, M., & Parsley, D.C. (2011). The quality of accounting information in politically connected firms. Journal of Accounting and Economics, vol. 51 (1), 58-76.
- Sengupta, R. & Faccio, M. (2011). Corporate response to distress: Evidence from the Asian financial crisis. Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis Review, vol. 93 (2), 127-154.
- Faccio, M., Marchica, M. & Mura, R (2011). Large shareholder diversification and corporate risk-taking. Review of Financial Studies, (24), 3601-3641. | Download |
- Faccio, M. (2010). Differences between politically connected and non-connected firms: A cross country analysis. Financial Management, vol. 39 (3), 905-927.
- Faccio, M., Lang, L. H. P. and Young, L. (2010). Pyramiding versus leverage in corporate groups: International evidence. Journal of International Business Studies, vol. 41 88-104.
- Faccio, M. & Parsley, D.C. (2009). Sudden Deaths: Taking Stock of Geographic Ties. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, vol. 33 (3), 683-718.
- Bortolotti, B. & Faccio, M. (2009). Government Control of Privatized Firms. Review of Financial Studies, vol. 22 (8), 2907-2939. | Download |
- Faccio, Mara, (with David Stolin) (2006). Expropriation vs. Proportional Sharing in Corporate Acquisitions. Journal of Business, vol. 79(3) 1413-1444.
- Faccio, Mara (with John J. McConnell, and David Stolin) (2006). Returns to Acquirers of Listed and Unlisted Targets. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, vol. 41(1) 197-220.
- Faccio, Mara (2006). Politically Connected Firms. American Economic Review, vol. 96(1) 369-386.
- Faccio, Mara, (with Ronald W. Masulis, and John J. McConnell) (2006). Political Connections and Corporate Bailouts. Journal of Finance, vol. 61(6) 2597-2635.
- Faccio, Mara (with Ronald W. Masulis) (2005). The Choice of Payment Method in European Mergers and Acquisitions. Journal of Finance, vol. 60(3) 1345-1388.
- Faccio, Mara, (with Larry H. P. Lang) (2002). The Ultimate Ownership of Western European Corporations. Journal of Financial Economics, vol. 65(3) 365-395.
- Faccio, Mara (with Larry H. P. Lang, and Leslie Young) (2001). Dividends and Expropriation. American Economic Review, vol. 91(1) 54-78.
- Faccio, Mara, (with M. Ameziane Lasfer) (2000). Pension Fund Investments and Corporate Monitoring. Professional Investor, vol. 10(2) 23-26.
- Faccio, Mara, (with M. Ameziane Lasfer) (2000). Do Occupational Pension Funds Monitor Companies in which They Hold Large Stakes?. Journal of Corporate Finance, vol. 6(1) 71-110.
- Faccio, Mara, (with M. Ameziane Lasfer) (2002). Institutional Shareholders and Corporate Governance: The Case of UK pension Funds with M. Ameziane Lasfer). Oxford University Press, 603-622.
- Faccio, M. & Zingales, L. (2017). Political determinants of competition in the mobile telecommunication industry. NBER Working Paper # 23041.
- Faccio, M. & O’Brien, W. Business groups and employment.
- Faccio, M. & McConnell, J.J. Death by Pokémon GO: The economic and human cost of using apps while driving. NBER Working Paper #24308.
- Faccio, M., Morck, R. & Yavuz, M.D. Business groups and firm-specific stock returns.
Business groups and employment
Professor Mara Faccio discusses her research on business groups and employment
price of phone plans across countries
Mara Faccio, Purdue's Hanna Chair in Entrepreneurship, discusses price differences of cell phone plans across countries.
Addressing the gender gap in corporate leadership, research coauthored by Krannert finance professor Mara Faccio breaks new ground by using data from European-based companies that finds female CEOs tend to make less risky choices than their male counterparts.
Taxes and capital structure choices
Taxes and capital structure choices
Politics & Profit
Prof Mara Faccio discusses her work on the connection between politics and money.