Manage Every Step of your Executive Career
As a student in a Krannert Executive Education degree program, you have access to a broad set of career services designed for the working professional. We partner with the Krannert Professional Development Center (KPDC) to provide a variety of resources across all modules of the program.
Watch an introduction to the career management services provided to Purdue Executive MBA students, hosted by KPDC Executive Director Randall Lewis.
- Provide skills to maximize Executive MBA ROI.
- Provide resources for career enhancement.
- Provide guidance for future career progression and management.
We present a four-part approach to career management:
- In-residence events
- Online resources
- Executive coaching
Core and functional courses offered include Managing Behavior in Organizations, Leadership, Negotiations, Business Law & Ethics, Change Management, and Active Learning Projects.
Company visits, guest speakers, networking events, business etiquette dinners, topical presentations, workshops with CCO and one-on-one meetings with KPDC advisor Gene Ivnik are built into our residencies.
- Krannert Professional Development Center: virtual one-to-one advising/strategy; resume feedback; career assessment through Career Leader; career wiki (career guides, company research tools, industry guides, job boards and more)
- Center for Career Oppportunites: workshops, career websites
- Ivy Exec, Inc.: exclusive access to curated job openings; career advisors; resume advice; professional mentorship; live online classes; and topical webinars and posted articles
- BlueSteps, Inc.: career management service proving exposure to hundreds of executive search firms worldwide; career seminars and podcasts; access to job market trends, reports and career advice
- Krannert Network: online networking platform that allows students and alumni to stay in touch with fellow classmates, our grand alumni base, and connect back to faculty.
Between the start of the program and two years after graduation, almost all of our students experience a career shift. The executive coaching helps you guide your path toward your desired FIG: Function, Industry, Geography. Through a series of one-on-one confidential sessions and self-assessments, the executive career coach will help you evaluate where you are and create a road map to your desired end goal. Having an external, objective resource will encourage you to ask the right questions and get you to the new opportunities you seek.
Don't Get Stuck in an Eddy!
Integral to your career is the ability to lead and work on teams. Check out Krannert Associate Professor of Management Dr. Ben Dunford's overview on Improving Team Performance.