- Measuring and quantifying the impact of digital transformations led by the Internet and related technologies; in particular, the Internet’s impact on various industries and markets and how the local market structure plays a role in this transformation.
- The economic value of digital traces (or digital footprints), especially in driving consumer behavior and improving decision-making.
- The impact of Information Technology (IT) on a firm’s business and operational practices.
Selected Awards & Honors
INFORMS ISS Sandy Slaughter Early Career Award, 2018.
- The World’s Top 40 Business School Professors Under 40, Poets and Quants, 2017.
- Jay N. Ross Yong Faculty Scholar Award, Krannert School of Management.
- Dean’s Award for Outstanding Research Achievement, Haskayne School of Business.
- Leadership Fellow, Canadian Centre for Advanced Leadership in Business (CCAL).
- Fellow, Center for the Digital Economy (CDE@).
- Dean’s Award for Outstanding New Scholar, Haskayne School of Business.
- Our work on shared prosperity (or lack thereof) in the sharing economy presented at Platform Symposium and SCECR 2018.
- Our work on the competitive dynamics between FinTech revolution (peer-to-peer lending) and local financial institutions (banks, credit unions, etc.) presented at WISE 2016 in Ireland.
- Presented our paper on crowd-driven competitive intelligence at 2016 NBER Summer Institute.
- Gave a talk at the Modeling & Machine Learning Association, Walmart Technology.
- Organized the inaugural Krannert-Walmart Data Dive.
- Keynote Speaker, 2015 International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT).