Bibek Banerjee, MSM ’90, PhD ’94, is director of the Institute of Management Technology (IMT) in Ghaziabad, India. He previously served as a professor of marketing and economics at the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA), where he spearheaded IIMA’s collaboration with Duke Corporate Education, the top global provider of customized corporate education.
- Gregg Clark, BSIM ’90, has rejoined Ernst & Young LLP as the Americas leader for consumer products in the Advisory Services practice in Connecticut. Prior to returning to Ernst & Young, where he first worked in 1999, Clark was a partner at Accenture in the North American Consumer Products Client Group.
- Aaron Garinger, BSM ’92, Dallas, TX, was named a managing director of consulting services for MedSynergies Inc., a leading provider of hospital-physician alignment solutions. Garinger previously served as vice president of electronic records and IT for Baylor Health Care System’s medical group.
- Brad Leonard, BSM ’94, was appointed to the board of directors for Build-A-Bear Workshop Inc., the interactive retailer of customized stuffed animals. Leonard, managing member and founder of BML Capital Management LLC, will serve on the board’s nominating and corporate governance committee.
- Randall S. Brant, MSM ’96, has joined American Circulation Innovations (ACI) in Long Beach, CA, as vice president of sales and marketing. Brant has previously held leadership positions in print, digital and niche publishing with newspapers including the Dallas Morning News, Detroit News and Free Press, Denver Post, Salt Lake Tribune and Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Jason M. Kelly, BSM ’96, and Jill M. (Hoffman) Kelly, BSM ’97, Jasper, IN, welcomed the birth of their daughter, Kate Marie, on January 8. She joins sister, Ella, and brothers, Jack, Samuel, and Ryan.
- Thomas Gjerde, PhD ’96, was named assistant dean of the Clark H. Byrum School of Business at Marian University in Indianapolis. Gjerde will help develop and implement a new curriculum where students will work with actual businesses to explore and solve problems.
- Yisel M. Ramos, BSM ’96, MSM ’99, was promoted to lead associate at Booz Allen Hamilton, where she recently received the Values in Practice (VIP) Award recognizing employees who are role models of the firm’s core values in their work, interaction with clients and colleagues, and personal conduct.
- John F. Beering, MSM ’97, Kalamazoo, MI, was named vice president and general manager of Eaton Corporation’s new Global Aftermarket and Clutch Business Unit.
- Patrick (Pat) A. Scheiderer, BSM ’97, Fort Wayne, IN, was recently named to Fort Wayne’s “40 Under 40” list. Scheiderer is a partner at Baker & Daniels LLP, where he is a member of the firm’s real estate and corporate finance practices groups.
- Andrew Greta, MSM ’99, associate director of Illinois Business Consulting at the University of Illinois, is the coauthor with Donald Luskin of “I Am John Galt: Today’s Heroic Innovators Building the World and the Villainous Parasites Destroying It,” which examines financial, business and artistic leaders who have based their lives and careers on the philosophy of Ayn Rand. In other news, Greta and his wife, Emily, welcomed the birth of a daughter, Lucille Noel, on February 26, 2011.
- Todd Grzech, MBA ’99, is executive vice president and chief marketing officer with PIC Group Inc. in Marietta, GA.
John Groth, MSM ’71, PhD ’75, a retired Navy captain, was inducted into Purdue’s Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) Hall of Fame in April. Groth, who served on active duty as a line officer, chief engineer and department head on a destroyer, is now a professor of finance in the Mays Business School at Texas A&M University.
- Bettina Whyte, BSIM ’71, is a managing director and senior advisor with Alvarez & Marsal, an independent global professional services firm specializing in performance improvement, turnaround management and business advisory services. She previously chaired the advisory board of Bridge Associates LLC, a crisis management and restructuring firm.
- William H. Strong, BSM ’73, Lake Forest, IL, was appointed to the Board of Trustees of Indiana University by Governor Mitch Danielson July 1, 2010.
- Max D. Kime, MSM ’74, Indianapolis, IN, was named a 2011 Five Star Wealth Manager for the Indianapolis market by Indianapolis Monthly Magazine in its October 2011 issue. Kime is a senior investment advisor with Goelzer Investment Management.
- Roger G. Maclean, BSIM ’75, Lolo, MT, is the new dean of the School of Extended and Lifelong Learning at the University of Montana in Missoula, MT.
- John J. Luttrell, BSIM '77, was appointed executive vice president and chief financial officer of American Apparel Inc. in Los Angeles, CA. He previously served as chief financial officer at Old Navy, a Gap Inc. company.
- Donna (Ruggiero) Peoples, BSIM ’78, Atlanta, GA, is currently the executive director of World Water Relief working on water, sanitation and hygiene education projects in Haiti. Alumni who are interested in supporting this cause can contact her at email@example.com.
- Janice Bennett, BSIM ’79, whose career in philanthropy spans 25 years, is the executive director of the YWCA Lake County in Waukegan, IL. In addition to her Krannert degree, Bennett completed the Harvard Business School Executive Education Leadership Program.
- Scott Murray, BSIM ’79, Chicago, IL, has joined Northern Trust as chief technology officer. He previously served as business global program office head for Treasury Services at JPMorgan Chase & Co. In his new position, Murray will lead new technology development, support client-facing applications, and maintain back-office infrastructure, including data centers for Northern Trust’s global operating platform serving clients in some 40 countries worldwide.