The Krannert Professional Development Center integrates a career planning framework into every students’ job search. Workshops and seminars, along with individual career coaching, bolster student competency areas. In addition to this strategic process, supplemental materials are available to advance your job search.
The Job Search
International Student Resources
Professional Career Associations
- American Institute of CPAs
- American Marketing Association
- Association of Latino Professionals For America
- Association for Supply Chain Management
- Forte Foundation
- National Association of Women MBA’s
- National Black MBA Association
- National Association of Black Accountants
- Society for Human Resource Management
Countdown to Krannert Launch-Summer Student Checklist 2018
Congratulations on your acceptance to the Krannert School of Management. On behalf of the Krannert Professional Development Center (KPDC) team, welcome to Purdue University. KPDC looks forward to supporting you as you meet the challenges associated with your time at Krannert. We will begin the process of supporting your professional development before you arrive on campus through a series of communications, tools, and webinars that will best position you to compete outside of the classroom. Students experience the greatest employment success when balancing their pursuit of academic excellence along with focusing on the career search process.
It is imperative to begin the process early. Our mission is to champion your professional development. It is a partnership that we want to form early with you and maintain throughout your time at Purdue.
Please review and complete the following checklist items. For your convenience here is a print-friendly checklist for your records. In addition to the checklist items, KPDC has also created a career guide with a library of resources.
Introduction to KPDC video
Please watch the following video from KPDC and begin to familiarize yourself with our office!
Discovery Session with Career Coach
Schedule and conduct a 1 on 1 meeting with your assigned coach to begin your working relationship. If you can't remember who your coach is, refer to the welcome email you received from them. Instructions for scheduling the meeting are available at the following link:
Resume instructional video and resume draft submission
Review the following presentation about resume construction, then use the below Krannert Resume Template to format the first draft of your resume. Once you have reformatted your resume to match the template, upload the draft to our resume review site, VMOCK, for critique.
The MBA Resume presentation: https://youtu.be/7Oj8jQ0TusA
Please follow the instructions below to set up your account and take the assessment:
myCCO and MBA Exchange career search accounts
How do I complete my myCCO account?
- Go to https://www.cco.purdue.edu/#myCCO
- Enter your PUID as your user name, your password has been set as "Krannert 2018." NOTE: Your PUID will always be your username to log in to myCCO. Once you have completed your myCCO profile, make sure to change your password.
- Read the “Participation Agreement” and “Cancellation and Missed Interview Policy” before clicking “I Agree to Terms.”
- Complete all required fields when completing your profile.
Activate your MBA Exchange Account:
- Go to http://www.mba-exchange.com/candidates/login.php?bRegister=1
- You will see a page to Register as a Candidate. Input your Purdue email address so it matches what was sent. Then follow the registration process.
Having an active, dynamic LinkedIn profile is an important in your career search. Use this LinkedIn tip sheet to get your profile in great shape before the Fall.
CareerLeader Self-Assessment (optional)
Discuss this resource with your coach to see if this would be applicable to you. If you would like to learn more about CareerLeader, visit their website:
International Advantage Book (for international students)
Marcelo Barros is a renowned speaker and author. Please read his book for tips how to "get noticed, get hired."
30 second pitch video
Review the following videos to familiarize yourself with the 30 second pitch concept.
After you arrive at Krannert you will learn more about this and how to create your own!
- Go to https://www.cco.purdue.edu/#myCCO