The Top Five Things I'm Thankful for in Krannert
1. The Krannert Professional Development Center
Our dedicated staff in the KPDC spends their days looking for internship opportunities, finding valuable networking connections, helping us develop our interview skills, editing our resumes and more. The KPDC staff consists of individuals who have left corporate life to help develop the careers of the Krannert Master’s students because they believe in us and want to make us the best leaders that we can possibly be. They not only work with us professionally, but they invest in us personally.
2. A Student Body that Values Diversity
Within the Krannert Master’s Programs, we have students from many different countries who all contribute to the unique culture within the programs of which they are a part. This provides an opportunity to have daily interactions with others who think very differently than me. This dialogue offers a wonderful opportunity for me to expand the way that I think and gain more of a global perspective that is not as biased by my own background and culture. This is one of my favorite things about Krannert! I also love having the opportunity to celebrate different holidays with my friends as well as enjoying new foods and customs.
3. The Master’s Staff
From the professors to the Master’s office staff, we are fortunate enough to have the most incredible staff around. Our professors want to see us succeed so they are more than willing to help us work through difficulties whenever we are struggling to understand the concepts in class. They make themselves available to meet with us in addition to having wonderful teaching assistants who are more than happy to walk us through anything we are having issues with. We also are fortunate enough to have the Master’s office staff who will walk us through challenges we face in the program, struggles we may face as teams, or nearly anything else. They are constantly investing in the students and I am thankful that I have the opportunity to work alongside this dedicated staff as I learn and grow. I have many wonderful peers and mentors in the Master’s office that have already invested a great deal in me and continue to do so daily.
4. Rawls Hall
There are few places on campus that could even come close to rivaling sitting in Rawls on the second floor commons and looking out at the Union and the colorful trees on campus. Not only do I have the opportunity to learn in a beautiful, state-of-the-art building, but I am centrally located on campus. I can walk to nearly any location on campus and enjoy all that Purdue has to offer. Another aspect of the building that I will be especially thankful for as it gets even colder are the tunnels, which allow me to visit the Union and other buildings without venturing out into the cold and snow.
5. A University that makes me Proud to be a Boilermaker
As someone who came from a family of Boilermakers, I was excited to do my undergraduate work here at Purdue. Later, when I had the opportunity to return and do my MBA at Purdue as well, I was thrilled to jump back into life as a Boilermaker. Purdue is a community that strives to create an environment of unity, inclusion, hard work, coupled with rigorous academics. These things are paramount to the success of an academic institution, and it makes me proud to be part of such an exemplary university.
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I wanted to express how thankful I am for various aspects of Krannert’s Master’s Program.
- I am thankful for insightful courses that give me the knowledge, skills, and abilities to be a successful global business leader.
- I am thankful for my classmates, who are brilliant, friendly, and want to see each other succeed.
- I am thankful for my professors, who are experts in their fields and do such a great job of passing along their expertise to students.
- I am thankful for a great facility in Rawls Hall. Its classrooms, study rooms and common areas provide an excellent place to learn and study.
- I am thankful for the Krannert Professional Development Center, which does such a great job of providing personalized career coaching, leadership development, and connections to Krannert’s corporate partners.
- I am thankful for Krannert Coffee Hours and Social Hours, which give me a great opportunity to mingle my classmates and the Krannert faculty, catch up on the latest happenings of the program, and eat some delicious food.
- I am thankful for the guest speakers I have had the opportunity to learn from thanks to Krannert. Tim Koegel, Neil Currie, Jullien Gordon, and Marc Cosentino are all nationally recognized for their accomplishments in the business world.
Krannert has provided me with so many reasons to be thankful. Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Boiler up!