Skip to Content
Purdue Krannert School of Management logo


Krannert Students visiting P&G 

We know you have questions. 

Our Frequently Asked Questions (and Answers) will help you make a successful transition to Purdue.  If you have more questions, check-out the Next Steps web site or feel free to connect with us at or 1-765-494-0773.




  • Billing

    How much are fees and where do I pay them?

    Tuition and fees are subject to change yearly. You can check myPurdue for up-to-date information about your bill. Tuition and Fees for 2018-2019 will be available at the Bursar’s Office website.

    Students can make payments via electronic payment option, mail or via installment option. You can find additional information on the Bursar's office FAQ's.

    I have a question about my bill – Who do I contact?

    Students will need to contact the Bursar’s Office directly. Information about this office can be found here.

    What kind of financial aid and assistantships are available?  

    All applicants to the MBA and Master’s Programs are considered for Krannert’s scholarships and/or graduate assistantships during the admission review process, therefore you do not need to apply for these awards. If you have been awarded a scholarship and/or graduate assistantship, you will be notified by email from the Krannert MBA and Master’s Programs Office. Scholarships are awarded to very few applicants so we advise students to plan ahead for alternate funding sources and arrive prepared to pursue your education through self-funding or other appropriate means. The following Purdue resources are also available:

    I need documentation that I am a Purdue student – Who do I contact?

    The Registrar’s Office can help students with this request.  Contact information for the Registrar’s Office can be found here on the Registrar web site

  • Career Resources

    What is KPDC and how should I use it?

    KPDC is the Krannert Professional Development Center and is your #1 resource for your career.  The team is here to discuss and help in every aspect of your job search and professional development.  Go to KPDC to learn more or visit the KPDC website at:

    What is CMA and how do I use it?

    CMA (Career Management Account) is a system that provides you with access to many tools, events, and resources that you could utilize in your job search process.

    • Documents Tab – A place to house your resumes, cover letters, and other useful documents used during your job search.  Also, a resume book for companies recruiting at Krannert is created from this source.
    • Resource Tab – Connects you to our document library which contains valuable tools such as resume and cover letter writing, speaker presentations, company research techniques, visa requirements (CPT, OPT), LinkedIn profile and usage, list of companies that recruit at Krannert, and more.
    • Jobs Tab – Visibility and connection to job posting of CMA and MBA job web
    • Employers Tab – Contains an employer directory and also provides you the ability to list your favorite employers and contacts.
    • Events Tab – A listing of events helpful to your job search such as on-campus and off-campus career fairs, company information sessions, speaker presentations, etc.

    Links on your CMA account

    • Top MBA jobs and MBA global focus – Two external job search sites.
    • Purdue Career Wiki – Online library that provides access to valuable resources to help you research company information and job search tools.
    • Purdue Center for Career Opportunities (CCO) – Serves as a centralized career services office for the West Lafayette campus for students, alumni, employers, faculty and staff.  Learn more on CCO’s website:      
    • Krannert Professional Development LinkedIn Group – The purpose of this group is to encourage career planning, facilitate networking, foster professional development, share resources and promote lifelong connections. Within this network, community members are encouraged to share resources about/advice on: interviewing skills, company and industry research, networking, job/internship search, business etiquette, resumes and correspondence and relevant articles.
    • Request a counseling appointment – A means to set up an appointment with any KPDC coach.
    • Job Finder – Searches job postings in CMA and matches your skills and capabilities to these postings.  It automatically suggests job posting you should consider and what percentage match you are to this position.
    • Campus interviews I qualify for – Lists potential positions that you might qualify for.

    What other tools or processes are available for your career development?

    • Leadership Coaching – One-on-One coaching to develop certain skills as they relate to job search and professional development covering career strategy, networking, leadership competencies, etc.
    • Career Leader – An assessment designed to help you understand what career functional areas you might be best suited for.
    • Resource Room – A library of various books that cover many areas critical to your job search.  It is located in the KPDC’s office.

    Again, these are some career resources. Stop by KPDC to customize your approach.

  • Technology

    What computing services are available on campus?

    Krannert students receive a Krannert Computing Center (KCC) e-mail account when they enter the Graduate programs. Students also must first obtain a Purdue (ITaP) Career Account so that they can access myPurdue, an online system that provides students access to their course schedule and other useful information.

    How do I set up an exchange account?

    Setting up your Exchange Mail Account

    I’m having a problem with Katalyst – Who do I contact?

    Students with questions or problems with Katalyst should contact the Krannert Computing Center (KCC) at or (765)494-7955
  • Resources at Rawls Hall

    Where can I make copies?

    See the front desk in Rawls Hall, room 2021.

  • Updates to Personal Information

    I moved or changed my name. How do I update my address/name/phone number in the school database?

    • For address changes, please update myPurdue. For name changes, visit the Registrar’s Office in HOVD (Hovde Hall) Room 45 or call 765-494-6165.
    • You also need to email with your updated information.
  • Attendance Policy

    Is there an absence policy?

    For every student, the primary reason for attending the MBA and Master’s Programs is the opportunity to learn and develop new skills. Regular attendance for all classes and educational programs is critical to your success in the program. Students are expected to attend all classes and to arrive in class on time. All students are REQUIRED to attend their respective orientation program.

  • Dress Code

    Here is a quick reference guide to business attire during your time at Krannert. This guide outlines appropriate attire for most settings and events at Krannert from classroom to interview room. During your time here, you will hear different terms regarding appropriate dress. Plus, there are many definitions and an entire range of outfits for what can be classified as “Business Casual”.  The following is a chart defining each term and examples of appropriate clothing.



  • Transportation and Parking

    Parking permits are available from Purdue’s Parking Facilities Office. First-year students should expect to get a C-Lot permit because garage spaces are usually not available after April of the prior year. The closest parking garages are on Wood Street and Marstellar Street. Purdue also has an agreement with Lafayette CityBus that allows Purdue students to ride free, just by showing their Purdue IDs.

  • Health

    Where do I find information about campus health and wellness programs?

    Recreational Sports Center facilities offer Purdue students, faculty and staff a comprehensive recreational sports program. Four major areas -- informal sports, intramural sports, club sports, and fitness/wellness activities -- provide varied opportunities for all to enjoy recreational sports activities suited to their particular needs.

    Where do I go for medical help?

    Students should visit PUSH (Purdue Student Health Center) for medical services. Personal counseling services are also available through PUSH. 

    Local hospitals: