Krannert captures two more case crowns
Thursday, February 9, 2012
Krannert master’s students took two more titles in case competitions in early April. The wins were the fourth and fifth for the school this year. During the past two years, Purdue teams have finished in the top three in 15 different case competitions around the country and the globe!
Four master’s students from the Operations Club—Nikhil Mohan, Matthew Martin, Jesus Santoyo Ortega, and Rolince Thomas—beat 140 other teams from around the world to take first place in the 2011 MIT Sloan’s Operations Simulation Competition. Singapore Management University took second and New York University placed third in the 7th annual competition.
Six students from the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) Club took first in the North Central Regional Student Case Competition in Chicago. Team members were Rob Gee, Kijae Kim, Matt Olsen, Brent Pett, Maricela Suarez, and Jo-Mei Wong.
Not to be outdone, Vishwas Bharadwaj and Heather Owens were named Best Presenters at the Babson Marketing Case Competition.
Here is the scorecard for Purdue teams in the last two years:
- 1st -- Wake Forest Elevator Pitch Competition
- 1st -- APICS Great Lakes Case Competition
- 1st -- Rubicon International Case Competition
- 1st -- MIT Sloan 7th Annual – Operations Simulation Competition
- 1st -- North Central Regional Student Case Competition
- 2nd -- Global Supply Chain Management Case Competition
- 2nd -- Strategic Use of Information Technology Case Competition
- 2nd -- Illinois IT Case Competition
- 3rd -- Big 10 Case Competition
- 3rd -- Notre Dame Case Competition
- 3rd -- Carnegie Mellon International Case Competition
- 1st -- UNC Case Competition
- 1st -- Big 10 Case Competition
- 1st -- Purdue's Ingersoll Rand Case Competition
- 3rd -- Global Supply Chain Management Case Competition
- Division winners at the John Molson International Case Competition