Trio of pioneering Purdue alumnae honored at Krannert Leadership Speakers Series
Friday, September 29, 2017
A panel of pioneering Purdue alumnae and businesswomen keynoted Krannert School of Management’s 17th annual Leadership Speakers Series on Sept. 28 at the Indiana Roof Ballroom in Indianapolis.
Beth Brooke-Marciniak, vice chair of public policy at Ernst and Young, Maria Crowe, president of Manufacturing Operations at Eli Lilly and Co., and Carolyn Woo, retired president and CEO of Catholic Relief Services, engaged in “A Conversation on Leadership” moderated by Gerry Dick, president and managing editor of Grow INdiana Media Ventures and host of “Inside Indiana Business with Gerry Dick.”
In addition to serving as a panelist, Brooke-Marciniak received the Krannert Business Leadership Award. Crowe and Woo also were honored by the Boiler Business Exchange of Indianapolis (BEE).
Other alumni awards presented included:
* Distinguished Alumni Award: Rich Freeland, president and chief operating officer of Cummins.
* Distinguished Service Award: Bob Burlas, regional vice president and general manager of Pomeroy IT Solutions.
* John S. Day Distinguished Alumni Academic Service Award: Claude Perkins, president emeritus at Virginia Union University.
* Burton D. Morgan Entrepreneurship Award: Julie Wainwright, founder and chief executive officer of TheRealReal.
* Young Alumni Award: Gordana Radmilovic, senior manager of West Monroe Partners.
Along with the Krannert awards, the Boiler Business Exchange inducted its second class into its Business Hall of Fame, including panelist Maria Crowe, and Carolyn Woo was surprised with the Father Phil Bowers Award.