Spotlight On: Our Master’s in Business Analytics Information Management Program
Wednesday, October 24, 2018
When you see a large amount of data, do you view it as an opportunity to find a pattern or learn an insight? Then enrolling in a business analytics graduate program may be the perfect fit for you. Keep reading to find out all about our BAIM program here at Krannert.
The Master’s in Business Analytics and Information Management (BAIM) program is a full-time, STEM-certified, 11-month program. Students are taught a variety of software tools used in business and offered opportunities to work in real-world situations. The business analytics graduate program begins in June each year and consists of 36 credit hours:
- 17 credits come from the core courses that focus on techniques and technologies. Examples include analytics, organization data, and modeling and simulation.
- 6 credits are foundational courses in functional areas like accounting, management, and economics.
- 8 credits are in BAIM-specific electives with topics like predictive analysis or big data technologies.
- The remaining 5 credits can be used towards free electives or immersion electives. BAIM students can choose elective courses to specialize in tracks like: Supply Chain Management, Investment Analytics, and Corporate Finance Analytics
Program Cost and ROI
- $29,741 for resident/in-state students
- $47,786 for non-resident (including international) students
* All tuition and fees are subject to increase based on approval by the Purdue University Board of Trustees
After graduation, students are prepared for analyst careers, often in leadership roles. Our 2017 class had a 94% placement rate within 180 days of graduation. The accepted positions had an average base salary of $81,320. Additionally, 83% of graduates also received a bonus of an average of $10,131. The average salary + average bonus was $89,762.
2017 BAIM graduates accept roles with titles like:
- Business Intelligence Engineer
- Senior Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Analytics consultant
- Business Analyst
- Marketing Analytics Analyst
- Account Strategist
The accepted positions were in the following cities and countries:
- Evanston, Illinois
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- New York
Examples of graduate employers include:
- Proxima Analytics
- Restoration Hardware
- NBC Universal
- Discover Financial Services
Our business analytics graduate program has received many awards and accolades:
- #9 MS Business Analytics (QS — TopMBA.com)
- #8 MS Business Analytics Program (Master's in Data Science)
- #8 Big Data Graduate Programs (Value Colleges)
- #2 Information Systems Management (Best-Masters)
- #6 Quantitative Analysis/Methods (U.S. News & World Report)
Our BAIM program prepares students for business analytics leadership roles. Our ranked program offers real-world learning experiences. Graduates accept leadership roles at top companies located throughout the nation — and even across the globe. Are you interested in entering an analytics graduate program? Learn about one student's take on business analytics.