Rebar, Cosier named co-directors of Purdue entrepreneurship centerWEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Two top Purdue University administrators have been named to lead the university's Burton D. Morgan Center for Entrepreneurship in Discovery Park.
More feature stories
- Purdue-IU led team wins global entrepreneurship competition
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - GlucaGo LLC, a life sciences company led by a trio from Purdue and Indiana universities, captured the 2009 Global Idea to Product Competition and claimed the $10,000 top prize, beating 14 other teams that qualified by winning local competitions.
- Krannert students compete in FBI, Honda marketing competitions
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Two marketing classes in Purdue University's Krannert School of Management are testing their skills in contests aimed at promoting two familiar brands.
- Purdue Libraries celebrate new interactive classroom, start second of three-phase renovation
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Purdue University Libraries isn't just about books and resource materials anymore.
- Founder and 'chief shoe giver' of TOMS shoes to speak at Purdue
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Blake Mycoskie, entrepreneur and founder of TOMS shoes, will speak at Purdue on Thursday (Oct. 29) as part of the Purdue Series on Corporate Citizenship and Ethics. The 7 p.m. talk, in Stewart Center's Loeb Playhouse, is free and open to the public.
- Purdue trustees approve faculty appointments, new program and aircraft purchases
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - The Purdue University board of trustees on Friday (Oct. 2) ratified the appointments of three named professors, approved a new degree program and the purchase of 17 replacement aircraft for a flight degree program.
- Agricultural economics student cuts a deal in the 'Shark Tank'
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - When Sawyer Sparks, a senior in the Purdue University College of Agriculture, walked onto the set of ABC's hit show, "Shark Tank," he had no idea he'd be walking away with three new business partners and a $300,000 investment in his company.
- Purdue workshop to aid entrepreneurs looking to take funding step
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Purdue faculty, staff, students and others can learn about what's needed to launch a company at the university's fourth annual Company Fund Raising Boot Camp on Oct. 12 in Discovery Park.
- Student callout set for Purdue's annual business plan competition
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - A callout for the 2010 Burton D. Morgan Business Plan Competition will be held at 6 p.m. on Sept. 8 and 9 in Discovery Park's Burton D. Morgan Center for Entrepreneurship, Room 121.
- Bootcamp at Purdue's Krannert School to teach vets business basics
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Veterans from across the Midwest and Eastern United States have arrived at Purdue University's Krannert School of Management for an intensive seven-day course aimed at helping them start their own businesses.
- Cosier to step down as dean of Krannert School of Management
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Richard Cosier Download photo Richard A. Cosier, who has served as dean of Purdue University's Krannert School of Management for more than a decade, will step down from his position, effective June 30, 2010.
- Krannert manufacturing conference to focus on strategies for dealing with the economic downturn
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Industry leaders, faculty and students will gather Sept. 25 at Purdue University to discuss how to thrive and not just survive in a down economy.
- Purdue brings peer institutions together for future graduate students
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Students from throughout the United States who are interested in graduate school will converge on the Purdue University campus Sept. 27 and 28 for the Big Ten+ Graduate School Exposition.
- Purdue ranks among nation's top universities
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Purdue University ranked 22nd among the nation's public universities and 61st among all universities, according to U.S.News & World Report magazine rankings released Thursday (Aug. 20).
- Former labor secretary to give Krannert keynote address
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Tickets are on sale for the annual Krannert Leadership Speaker Series dinner, which raises money for scholarships.
- KRANNERT ALUM ELECTED PRESIDENT OF CONFEDERATION OF INDIAN INDUSTRY (CII)
Purdue alumnus Venu Srinivasan has been appointed as president of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for the 2009-10 year. Mr. Srinivasan, a 1977 graduate of the Krannert MSM program, is currently the managing director of Sundaram-Clayton Ltd. and chairman and managing director of TVS Motor Company Ltd.
- U.S.News ranks Purdue's graduate programs among country's best
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Purdue University's programs remain among the best in the nation in U.S.News & World Report's rankings of the top graduate schools released Thursday (April 23).
- Even in tough times, college seniors finding jobs
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Even in an economic downturn, college seniors with the right preparation and perseverance can find jobs, a Purdue careers executive and some students say.
- Purdue names Diaz executive VP for business and finance, treasurer
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Alphonso Diaz Download photo Alphonso V. Diaz has been named Purdue University's executive vice president for business and finance, treasurer, effective July 1. As the university's chief financial officer, Diaz will report to Purdue President France A. Córdova and the board of trustees.
- Krannert revises two-year MBA program curriculum
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - In an effort to better prepare students for the changing needs of businesses and to develop the next generation of business leaders, the Krannert School of Management is revising the curriculum for its two-year MBA and one-year MSIA programs.
- Purdue celebration to honor diversity champion Cornell Bell
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Cornell Bell Download photo Purdue University's Krannert School of Management will honor the life and contributions of diversity advocate Cornell A. Bell on April 3
- Purdue's Student-Managed Venture Fund invests $100,000 in Purdue Research Park company
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Purdue University's Student-Managed Venture Fund, administered by the Burton D. Morgan Center for Entrepreneurship and the Krannert School of Management, is investing $100,000 in Kylin Therapeutics Inc.
- Conference to address challenges in today's global supply chain
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Corporate executives will join experts from the Krannert School of Management's Global Supply Chain Management Initiative Center for a Feb. 6 conference to discuss new challenges in managing the global supply chain.
- Purdue to launch entrepreneurship assistance clinic
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Purdue University's Burton D. Morgan Center for Entrepreneurship this spring semester will offer free consultations to students, faculty and staff interested in starting a business.