Our doctoral students are active in their professions and in the community. Below are examples of their successes.
Anya Savikhin (Economics), Program Coordinator for Caring Paws, and her cat Figaro interviewed at WLFI for their work with Caring Paws, an animal-assisted therapy group
- Melvin Lamboy was a member of the planning committee for, and a participant in, the 2010 Ph.D. Project Accounting Doctoral Student Association conference held in San Francisco in August 2010.
- Sumantra Chakravarty (Accounting) Friends of West Lafayette Schools volunteer.
- Anya Savikhin (Economics) interview with WLFI promoting the Go Greener Commission's efforts to make the 2009 GlobalFest a zero landfill event.
- Craig Everett (Finance) serves on the Junior Achievement of Greater Lafayette's Board of Directors
- Craig Everett (Finance) volunteers as a financial literacy teacher in the Lafayette public school classrooms
- Anya Savikhin (Economics), Program Coordinator for Caring Paws, an animal assisted therapy group that works at nursing homes and hospitals.
- Anya Savikhin (Economics), Chair of the Green Standards for Events Committee of the West Lafayette Go Greener Commission
- Jason Stanfield (Accounting), Food Distribution Coordinator for the Tippecanoe County Historical Association's Feast of the Hunters' Moon (a recreation of the annual fall gathering of the French and Native Americans, which took place at Fort Quiatenon, a fur-trading outpost in the mid-1700s)