Purdue University Graduate School Application for Admission
- Please complete your application online by visiting the Purdue University Graduate School Site for Electronic Applications.
- The required application fee of $60 (U.S. dollars) for domestic applicants (including permanent residents) and $75 (U.S. dollars) for international applicants may be paid online using either Visa or MasterCard.
Supplemental Material to PhD Programs of the Krannert School of Management
The procedure for applying to the Ph.D. Programs involves submitting the following items:
- One unofficial transcript upload from each college or university attended with degree certification.
- Official score report of required admission test(s).
- Resumé or CV, submit online with your application.
- Statement of purpose or essay, submit online with your application.
- Minimum of two academic or professional letters of recommendation.
Please send official transcripts to:
Krannert School of Management
Krannert Center for Executive Education and Research, Suite 104
425 W. State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2056, USA
An "official" score report for the GRE or GMAT must be sent from Educational Testing Services (ETS) to Purdue University.
- GRE Institution Code for Purdue University: 1631
- GRE Department Codes for Purdue University:
- Economics: 1801 or 4301
- Management: 4299 or 4399
- OBHR: 4202 or 4206
- GMAT DI code for Management & OBHR Ph.D. Programs at Purdue University: 1187
- GMAT Program code is 1RZ-R6-03 (the first character in the GMAT Program Code is a number one)
The Test of English as a Foreign Language, or the TOEFL, must be taken by applicants whose native language is not English. The official score report for the TOEFL should be sent from Educational Testing Services (ETS) to Purdue University:
- TOEFL Institution Code for Purdue University: 1631
- TOEFL Department Code for Purdue University:02 or 84
Please note that online versions of the following are acceptable:
- Resumé or CV
- Statement of purpose or essay
- Minimum of two letters of recommendation
- Unofficial transcripts and/or academic documents (Management/OBHR/Economics will accept unofficial transcripts and/or academic documents uploaded through the online application system for review purposes. You will only need to provide official transcripts and/or academic records at the request of Management/OBHR/Economics department or if you are recommended for admission)
Application and Supplemental Material Deadline
Entry into the Ph.D. Programs begins with the fall semester each year. Application and supplemental material must be received by the deadlines of January 15 for Management and OBHR Ph.D. Programs, and February 15 for the Economics Ph.D. Program.
Please note that the Krannert Ph.D. program in Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management (OBHR) will not be accepting any applications for Fall 2019.
Notification of Admission Decision
A faculty admission committee in your chosen area of study will evaluate your completed application. Notification of committee decisions will be finalized as soon as possible.