- What is a MAI/EAI?
- Which students must meet the MAI/EAI requirements?
- What are the MAI/EAI requirements?
- What happens when the AI (Admissions Index) is complete?
- How will I be notified of achieving the necessary AI?
- What is an alternate AI?
- Who does the alternate AI apply to?
- What are the alternate AI requirements?
- What if I have a transfer course in my AI?
- What happens if I have transferred credits for all AI requirements?
- What if I don’t get the necessary AI?
- What if I need to retake a course?
- How does MGMT 295 impact my AI?
What is a MAI/EAI?
Which students must meet the MAI/EAI requirements?
Standard Admit Students must meet these requirements. These are students who have been accepted to Krannert as pre-majors (pre-marketing, pre-management, etc.), and are considered “Degree Seeking” in myPurduePlan, who must then fulfill a set of MAI /EAI requirements in order to then “advance to upper division,” which allows them to take 300-400 level courses.Direct Admit students do NOT have to meet these requirements, but are strongly encourage to achieve similar, if not better, grades/GPA. Direct Admit students who have been accepted to Krannert are identified as majors without the pre- designation. They are considered Bachelor Seeking in myPurduePlan. This signifies that they are automatically allowed to take upper division classes AFTER they have earned the minimum grades in the MAI/EAI classes. They do NOT have to achieve the MAI/EAI GPA requirements, though.
What are the MAI/EAI requirements?
Each degree has its own set of unique requirements. These requirements can be broken into three broad categories: Economics, Industrial Management, and all other Management majors. For a complete list of requirements per degree, please visit:
What happens when the AI (Admissions Index) is complete?
When the AI has been completed*, the End of Semester review team in Krannert (comprised of advisors and program coordinators) will calculate your AI to determine if it meets the requirements of your degree. This process occurs once grades post at the end of the semester and typically takes about a week to accomplish. Students are notified via email whether or not they have passed the MAI/EAI or not.*Your advisor will work hard to ensure that you are appropriately placed within the End of Semester review process. However, the ultimate responsibility to ensure the advisor is aware of AI completion in a particular semester rests on the student.
How will I be notified of achieving the necessary AI?
What is an alternate AI?
Who does the alternate AI apply to?
What are the alternate AI requirements?
What if I have a transfer course in my AI?
What happens if I have transferred credits for all AI requirements?
What if I don’t get the necessary AI?
If you do not earn the necessary MAI/EAI, then you will need to try again. There are very specific and important rules regarding retakes within Krannert. Be sure to understand these completely AND talk to your advisor prior to retaking a course.
- You may retake a AI course only ONCE. If you do not get the grade you need on the second try of the AI course, you will be exhausted from the program.
- We will ALWAYS take your most recent grade for a course. Therefore, if you retake a course to try to get a better grade (e.g.- go from a C to an A) but end up getting a D on the second try, you will be exhausted from the program. We will NOT take your best grade, just the most recent.
- You may only retake 3 different AI courses to attempt to get the necessary AI. If you are still not at or above the required MAI/EAI after retaking 3 of your classes, you will be exhausted from the program.