Students ready to graduate will need to submit an application for graduation. This application will inform various offices across campus of the student's intent to graduate. Failure to submit this application may result in a delayed graduation.
How to Apply for Graduation:
- Log into your MyPurdue account: www.mypurdue.purdue.edu
- Make sure are on the "Academics" tab
- Find the "Destination Gradaution" box
- Select the link "Apply for Graduation"
For more information, visit: http://www.purdue.edu/commencement/students/StudentHowToApply.html
What happens next?
You can visit the Registrar’s website on commencement: http://www.purdue.edu/commencement/
Here you will find:
- Cap and Gown Info
- Commencement Dates
- Key Dates
- Commencement Instructions
- Parking Information
- Video Streaming links for those who cannot attend
Then, about halfway through the semester the Registrar’s office will open the “Graduation” tab on your MyPurdue account.
This is where you will see information regarding:
- Commencement Participation and Guest Tickets
- Cap and Gown
- Diploma Information
- Holds that will prevent you from getting your degree (if applicable)
- Alumni Association Information
- Link to the Registrar’s Commencement website
- Instructions on where to be, at what time, what to wear, and how things will go will be emailed to you prior to your commencement.
- The ceremonies take place in the Elliott Hall of Music. Doors open for your guests 90 minutes prior to each ceremony. The procession begins 30 minutes before each ceremony. Each commencement ceremony will be approximately two hours in length
- More information about: tickets, parking, seating, photos/videos, and accessibility can be found at www.purdue.edu/commencement