Skip to Content
Purdue Krannert School of Management logo

Requesting over 18 credit hours

Before requesting an override for more than 18 hours, please review the criteria below. Overrides will not be granted if your record contains the following:

  1. Withdrew (noted with a W on the transcript) or received Incomplete from a class in the preceding semester (not including summer terms)
  2. Grade of D or F in the preceding semester (not including summer terms)
  3. Re-taking ANY classes (exceptions may be considered if the student is in their final semester)
  4. No prior PU GPA established (new transfer student)
  5. Cumulative GPA is less than the minimum 3.00 with more than one semester of coursework remaining
  6. Prior credit loads (less than 17 for Fall/Spring or 9 for the summer) do not demonstrate ability to handle an increased load with a 3.0 term GPA or better.
  7. Plans to be overly involved in other activities (work or otherwise) exceeding 15 hrs
  8. Trying to catch up or graduate with additional majors/minors/concentrations in 4 years
  9. On academic probation

Requesting 19 Hours in Fall/Spring semesters

  • If you would like to request an override for 19 hours for the spring or fall semester, please contact your Krannert advisor.

Requesting more than 19 Hours in Fall/Spring semesters or more than 9 Hours in Summer semesters

  • If you want to request more than 19 credit hours per semester or more than 9 credit hours in the summer you need to complete this survey after consulting with your academic advisor. Requests made without prior academic advisor consultation will not be evaluated. Please review criteria below BEFORE submitting your request. Allow 7-10 days for an emailed response. 

Note: You should request an “Invitation Only” meeting with Mrs. Jennifer Alter, the Associate Director of Undergraduate Advising, if you are denied and feel that there are extenuating reasons not accounted for.