Skip to Content
Purdue Krannert School of Management logo

Government and Commercial Student Loans

Purdue’s Division of Financial Aid can assist you in obtaining student loans.

Contact the Division of Financial Aid at 765-494-5050 or email Kirsten Reynolds at for assistance.

If you are degree-seeking and meet U.S. citizenship or residency requirements, you may be eligible for certain government loans, namely the Stafford Loan and/or Graduate PLUS Loan programs. To be considered for the Stafford Loan and/or Graduate PLUS Loan programs, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Government loans generally offer more attractive terms, but private alternative loan programs may be available, including loans for prior academic sessions. A cosigner may be required if you have insufficient credit history, or you are an international application. Separate loan disbursements are made for each semester. Lenders usually disburse loan proceeds to Purdue, who clear any unpaid fees and disburse the remaining funds to you. 

For details of each type of loan and eligibility criteria, contact the Divison of Financial Aid.