Assistant Professor of Economics
Ph.D. Economics, University of Maryland
M.Sc. Economics for Development, University of Oxford
B.A. Economics, Universidad de los Andes
- Sarzosa, M (2022). Victimization and Skill Accumulation: The Case of School Bullying. Journal of Human Resources, | Related Website |
- Sarzosa, M. & Urzua, S (2021). Bullying Among Adolescents: The Role of Cognitive and Non-Cognitive Skills. Quantitative Economics, vol. 12 (3), 945-980. | Related Website |
- Rua, T., Sarzosa, M. & Urzua, S (2021). The Children of the Missed Pill. Journal of Health Economics, vol. 79 | Related Website |
- Acosta, P. & Muller, N. & Sarzosa, M (2020). Beyond qualifications: returns to cognitive and socio-emotional skills in Colombia. Revista de Economía del Rosario, vol. 23 (1), 109-148. | Related Website |
- Sarzosa, M. & Urzua, S (2016). Implementing Factor Models for Unobserved Heterogeneity in Stata. The Stata Journal, vol. 16 (1), 197-228. | Related Website |
- Saltiel S., M. Sarzosa & S. Urzua (2017). Cognitive and Socio-Emotional Abilities. Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham, UK. 21-42.
Bullying in School Hampers Skill Development, Healthy Adulthood
While some costs of bullying – school absenteeism, suicidal thoughts – have been documented, little research has been done on the two-way relationship between bullying and skill accumulation.