Accenture Professor of Information Technology and Professor of Management
Management Information Systems
Ph.D., Industrial Administration (Information Systems), Carnegie Mellon University
M.S., Computer Science, Pennsylvania State University
B.Sc. (Honors), Physics, University of Calcutta, India
- De, P., Hu, Y., & Rahman, M. S. (2018). Avoid These Five Digital Retailing Mistakes. MIT Sloan Management Review, vol. 59 (4), 1-4.
- Kang, K., Hahn, J., & De, P. (2017). Learning Effects of Domain, Technology, and Customer Knowledge in Information Systems Development: An Empirical Study. Information Systms Research, vol. 28 (4), 797-811.
- De, P., Hao, L., Li, Y., & Tan, Y. (2017). Quality of Service Based Pricing Schemes for Content Sharing in Peer-to-Peer Networks. Production and Operations Management, vol. 26 (8), 1427-1443.
- Chen, H., De, P, & Hu, J. (2015). IT-Enabled Broadcasting in Social Media: An Empirical Study of Artists' Activities and Music Sales. Information Systems Research, vol. 26 (3), 513-531.
- Chen, H., De, P, Hu, Y, & Hwang, B. (2014). Wisdom Of Crowds: The Value Of Stock Opinions Transmitted Through Social Media. The Review of Financial Studies, vol. 27 (5), 1367-1403.
- De, P., Hu, Y., & Rahman, M.S. (2013). Product-Oriented Web Technologies and Product Returns: An Exploratory Study. Information Systems Research, vol. 24 (4), 998-1010.
- Zhang, C., Hahn, J., & De P. (2013). Continued Participation in Online Innovation Communities: Does Community Response Matter Equally for Everyone?. Information Systems Research, vol. 24 (4), 1112-1130.
- Li, Y., Tan, Y., & De, P. (2013). Self-Organized Formation and Evolution of Peer-to-Peer Networks. INFORMS Journal on Computing, vol. 25 (3), 502-516.
- De, P., Hu, Y., & Rahman, M.S. (2010). Technology Usage and Online Sales: An Empirical Study. Management Science, vol. 56 (11), 1930-1945.
- Ozdemir, Z., Altinkemer, K, De, P., & Ozcelik, Y. (2010). Donor-to-Nonprofit Online Marketplace. Journal of MIS, vol. 27 (2), 213-242.
- Tawarmalani, M., Kannan, K., & De, P. (2009). Allocating Objects in a Network of Caches: Centralized and Decentralized Analyses. Management Science, vol. 55 (1), 132-147.
- Jiang, Z., Sarkar, S., De, P., & Dey, D. (2007). A Framework for Reconciling Attribute Values from Multiple Data Sources. Management Science, vol. 53 (12), 1946-1963.
- Dey, D., Zhang, Z., & De, P. (2006). Optimal Synchronization Policies for Data Warehouses. INFORMS Journal on Computing, vol. 18 (2), 229-242.
- Ferratt, T., Ahire, S., & De. P. (2006). Achieving Success in Large Projects: Implications from a Study of ERP Implementations. Interfaces, vol. 36 (5), 458-469.
The Krannert School of Management’s Business Information and Analytics Center (BIAC) recently hosted the inaugural Data Science for Business and Economics Conference. The May event, which was sponsored by Accenture and attracted nearly 100 attendees, featured scholars not only from business and economics, but also from statistics, computer science, engineering and other areas as they explored the use of data science to solve real-world problems.
Online retail technologies
Prabuddha De, Accenture Professor of Information Technology, and Mohammad Rahman, associate professor of management, both in the Krannert School of Management, along with former Krannert colleague Yu Hu, currently associate professor at the Georgia Tech Scheller College of Business, conducted the research. They partnered with a large online women’s clothing retailer to study the effectiveness of navigational technologies, such as search and recommendation systems, and product-oriented technologies, including a zoom-in feature, color swatches and alternative photos.
Phone: (765) 49-40699
Office: KRAN 447
Area(s) of Expertise
E-Business, Social Networks, Software Engineering, Heterogeneous Databases