The scandal involving Facebook and Cambridge Analytica is the most recent in a troubling trend of information security mishaps in which data belonging to millions of users is hacked, leaked or leveraged irresponsibly.
Diving for Solutions
Cisco got a new view of some of the company’s recurring revenue streams and ideas for optimizing its return thanks to teams of Purdue students who competed in analyzing a large data set from the company.
In the wake of the #MeToo social media movement, which exposed the prevalence of sexual assault and gender discrimination in the workplace, a recent conference at Purdue University’s Krannert School of Management served as a call to action among companies in the United States, says Ellen Ernst Kossek, Basil S. Turner Professor of Management and research director of the Susan Bulkeley Butler Center for Leadership Excellence. Kossek is a leading researcher on work-life balance and achieving gender equality and inclusion in the workplace. She was the organizer of a three-day conference at Purdue called “Breaking Bias: Leadership Excellence and Gender in Organizations Conference,” the theme of which was “Bridging the Research to Practice Gap.”
When Dave Ricks (BSIM ’90) took the helm of Eli Lilly and Co. as chairman and CEO in 2017, he became the third Krannert alumnus to lead a Fortune 150 company, joining Sam Allen (BSIM ’75), chairman and CEO at Deere & Co, and Greg Hayes, president and CEO of United Technologies Corp.
- Nov 16Julie Eddleman, Global Client Partner at GoogleMGMT 591: Launching Global Leaders Speaker Series
- Nov 16Krannert Executive Forum - Micah Vincent, State of IndianaThe Krannert Executive Forum is a management class (MGMT 40100) that features top-level executives and community leaders sharing their experiences with students and is free and open to the public as seating permits.
- Nov 27RESEARCH SEMINAR: Tom Van Woensel, PhD, The Pickup and Delivery Problem with Time Windows and TransfTom Van Woensel, Ph.D. is a Full Professor of Freight Transport and Logistics Department of Industrial Engineering and Innovation Sciences at Eindhoven University of Technology to give a seminar on "The Pickup and Delivery Problems with Time Windows and Transfers" Click to learn more!
- Nov 30Krannert Executive Forum - Lynn Holzman, NCAAThe Krannert Executive Forum is a management class (MGMT 40100) that features top-level executives and community leaders sharing their experiences with students and is free and open to the public as seating permits.
- Feb 15GSCMI Supply Chain ConferenceGSCMI Conference & Intercollege Case Competition