The scandal involving Facebook and Cambridge Analytica is the most recent in a troubling trend of information security mishaps in which data belonging to millions of users is hacked, leaked or leveraged irresponsibly.
Diving for Solutions
Cisco got a new view of some of the company’s recurring revenue streams and ideas for optimizing its return thanks to teams of Purdue students who competed in analyzing a large data set from the company.
In the wake of the #MeToo social media movement, which exposed the prevalence of sexual assault and gender discrimination in the workplace, a recent conference at Purdue University’s Krannert School of Management served as a call to action among companies in the United States, says Ellen Ernst Kossek, Basil S. Turner Professor of Management and research director of the Susan Bulkeley Butler Center for Leadership Excellence. Kossek is a leading researcher on work-life balance and achieving gender equality and inclusion in the workplace. She was the organizer of a three-day conference at Purdue called “Breaking Bias: Leadership Excellence and Gender in Organizations Conference,” the theme of which was “Bridging the Research to Practice Gap.”
When Dave Ricks (BSIM ’90) took the helm of Eli Lilly and Co. as chairman and CEO in 2017, he became the third Krannert alumnus to lead a Fortune 150 company, joining Sam Allen (BSIM ’75), chairman and CEO at Deere & Co, and Greg Hayes, president and CEO of United Technologies Corp.
- Sep 22Football - Homecoming, Boston College - Sesquicentennial Kick-offHomecoming Football vs. Boston College
- Sep 22KGSA Homecoming TailgateKGSA Homecoming Tailgate for all Krannert alums and current graduate students.
- Sep 22Dr. Cornell A. Bell Business Opportunity Program 50th AnniversaryDr. Cornell A. Bell Business Opportunity Program 50th Anniversary
- Sep 24Krannert Virtual Chinese Career FairKrannert Virtual Chinese Career Fair 2018 Registration (If you can’t open the link, please copy and paste the following link to browser: https://www.careereco.com/Fair/EventDetails?fairId=f56e36ac-f029-440c-b799-a90600f59eca Candidates from last year have to re-register for the event this year. If you have technical problems or any difficulties in account verification, please feel free to reach out to Wayne Fishell by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sep 26"Dr. Dave" Schrader; Sports Analytics DiscussionDr. Dave Schrader has 35 years of experiences working for three top-ranked database and data warehouse companies, in the areas of advanced software development as well as marketing.
- Sep 28DCMME Manufacturing ConferenceJoin us for a discussion on “Manufacturing Competitiveness: Technology, Agility, and Personalization” at the Dauch Center for the Management of Manufacturing Enterprises (DCMME) 2018 Fall Conference.
- Sep 28Krannert Executive Forum - James Keppler, Whirlpool CorporationThe Krannert Executive Forum is a management class (MGMT 40100) that features top-level executives and community leaders sharing their experiences with students and is free and open to the public as seating permits.
- Oct 5Krannert Executive Forum - Jayme Fuller, STATSThe Krannert Executive Forum is a management class (MGMT 40100) that features top-level executives and community leaders sharing their experiences with students and is free and open to the public as seating permits.